• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Control arm joint service interval?

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 3, 2017
NorCal
Just curious to see what service interval you clean/grease/inspect your servicable arm joints. Don't include the factory Clevites. Anything else is fair game.

astjp2

TJ Addict
Aug 22, 2018
Utah and Alaska
I went with DDB's, no service required for the LJ. The Rusty's I had on the TJ needed greased and tightened 2 times a year and were still shitty.

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
Ive taken my metalcloak arms apart twice in the 5 years I have had them installed. Each time they had plenty of grease. Roughly 50k miles

OP
bobthetj03

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 3, 2017
NorCal
I wanted to make a pinion angle change to the front so I decided to service the frame side Duroflex joints. They are 6 years old, have 65K miles on them, and is the first time I've serviced them. They need replaced. The right one has a split where the rubber is vulcanized to the bolt shaft. the left one is deformed and mis-shapened.