Control arm lengths

Riddler6.7

I've been looking into how long to set my control arms too. Mainly because the other day I did a little articulation test and noticed that my rear tires would start to rub on the back side of the fender wells with plenty of room still at the front and top. No big deal, will adjust my control arms to center the tires in the wheel wells.

I have noticed that most everyone has suggested longer lengths with the more lift. I guess that works perfect to center everything at ride height but makes it less then ideal when it flexes (especially the bigger the tire). There is a fine line though and I guess most people who adjust based on that probably make them as long as possible but just short enough to keep the tire out of the fender. Or maybe I am thinking wrong and a lot of people trim the fenders.

Just thought I would bring it up as most everything I read had no mention of any of that. Maybe my search skills need improvement also.

Unhooking the front sway bar probably would have been all that was needed to keep the tire out of the rear fender on this little stump, but I left it hooked up for research and development purposes.
2b3c5d2b890a23d712acbd6a2b34812b.jpg
fb17de5225e18100cbffab004615d2f7.jpg
a10091a2bd221df74b87b74d854c983b.jpg

bdb5ea22b4e9acbaa8253a3104763553.jpg

That's my thought process as well, which is why I am bringing this up. Everyone says to make them longer so I am making sure I am not missing something here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You'll also want to pay attention to the track bars. Making the arms longer will bring your track bar closer to the diff cover in the front and your gas tank skid in the rear. So go to full bump and adjust till you can't clear anymore and that's where you'll be.