Core T1 bushing quality?

never monday

TJ Addict
As goos as OEM, cheap china junk?
I’m seeing mixed reviews and used ones all see damaged at 1000mi.
No, JJ’s are not an option

I like my Mercedes quality ride on the Kansas interstate

have you used JJ's before?

My opinion after driving a 1.5" lifted TJ on stock bushings vs a 4" lifted LJ with JJ's back to back while I owned them at the same time, is that the difference truly attributable to the joints is barely perceptible, and different doesn't necessarily mean worse. There are plenty of other factors compromising a lifted TJ's ride quality in a more significant way than Johnny Joints, and the things that would bother me about driving my LJ on a Kansas interstate have nothing to do with the suspension joints.

Reactions: Alex01 and rasband
How about this, I DON’T WANT JJ’s. Is that clear enough?

It’s a choice, an active thought process choice. I’ve had JJ’s, I’ve had long and short arm JJ’s. i don’t give a damn what your experience with JJ’s is. I DON’t want them.....

I tried to ask a very specific question and then turn down JJ advice in a polite way. Apperantly that was unclear.

How about this, I DON’T WANT JJ’s. Is that clear enough?

It’s a choice, an active thought process choice. I’ve had JJ’s, I’ve had long and short arm JJ’s. i don’t give a damn what your experience with JJ’s is. I DON’t want them.....

who pissed in your toasties today? FFS, just asking the question because I spent 2 years avoiding JJ's without having tried them, because of what I'd read on the internet including Metalcloaks marketing materials. Then after my own "active thought process choice" of not finding anything with a comparable reputation or track record, I started the next 2 year process of replacing them 2 at a time figuring I'd stop if I could ever start feeling a degradation in NVH/ride quality.

You're clearly the TJ suspension expert since you're here asking a question about bushings, so I'll just go fuck right off.

who pissed in your toasties today? FFS, just asking the question because I spent 2 years avoiding JJ's without having tried them, because of what I'd read on the internet including Metalcloaks marketing materials. Then after my own "active thought process choice" of not finding anything with a comparable reputation or track record, I started the next 2 year process of replacing them 2 at a time figuring I'd stop if I could ever start feeling a degradation in NVH/ride quality.

You're clearly the TJ suspension expert since you're here asking a question about bushings, so I'll just go fuck right off.
Have a good week

AFAIK clevites (rubber bushings) are really cheap to make, so I doubt there’s much incentive for them to use the cheaper brand alternatives. I emailed to ask though.

As you may or may not know, if you plan to wheel anything beyond moderate trails on these you may be damaging mounts just because the flex of the actual CA body itself isn’t the same as the OEM ones, even if the bushings are.

I have a buddy that has the T1 arms and wheels hard. His have held up fine, but he is upgrading to a Johnny Joint style for more flex and less strain on the mounts. If you are mostly on road, I think T1 is a good option. Core makes pretty good stuff, I've ran both their track bars.

FWIW he as not broken any mounts yet, but the Jeep makes a lot of suspension noise. Still drives it to the trails and beats it like it owes him money. He's the guy that we always think will break something but somehow rarely does.

Think you would be best to stay with stock arms and bushings...

The Core T1 looks like a downgrade from stock

People seem to be happy with them..... @RustyAutoholicGuy installed a pair on his jeep. Maybe he'll chime in.
I love mine, I don't have many miles on them yet though, but I will say the T1 stuff felt planted on the road and with my stock suspension I was very happy with how they did on the trails around my property as well. However realize I do have a unique setup, I'm running a skinny 235/85r16 tire and my driveline is lighter than the stock driveline as well.

They fixed my vibration I was having in my rear driveshaft from my pinion angles being off and the way my TJ feels on the road is incredible now, honestly it feels better on the road than my LJ.

Reactions: Alex01
Looks like a lot of you don’t like my brutal honesty. Get over it. Not every jeep needs to be a Blaine level crawler.
When a specific question is asked for a product review. Answer the question if you have the knowledge or move on. “Selling” someone something they clearly stated they arn't interested in does nothing but show your bias.

So far only Rasband has answered the original question

Looks like a lot of you don’t like my brutal honesty. Get over it. Not every jeep needs to be a Blaine level crawler.
When a specific question is asked for a product review. Answer the question if you have the knowledge or move on. “Selling” someone something they clearly stated they arn't interested in does nothing but show your bias.

So far only Rasband has answered the original question
Read the post right above yours that I quoted. - post 12

If you're considering other options... I had MC arms for a while and have nothing bad to say about them. They performed great and weren't a JJ

so I'll just go fuck right off.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I lol'd when I read this!

I have the T1 adjusables on the front of my Jeep (just installed about a month ago). I can say that I feel like the ride has improved over the stock arms. My stock bushing were in bad shape.

FWIW, I would have bought the Core 4x4 ones with JJ in them had I don't more research and actually noticed that there was an option for that, but I'm happy with the T1's so far.

Reactions: never monday
Woah woah woah, no more JJ talk here, did you not see that? ;) ;)
That said, I'd agree with others that the JJs did not meaningfully change the ride - definitely not to the extent I would exclude them from a build (unless it's mostly a street jeep). My shocks and the TT were noticeable, the arm bushings not so much.

At the risk of violating the terms of this thread, I was actually surprised how well JJs ride in my TJ. I used to race a bit, SCCA/track days & that kind of stuff, and I was expecting the same kind of ride that comes from installing spherical bearing in my bimmers & whatever else I flogged around the track. They were just awful on the street, but those cars went down & got stiff - this is the first time I've ever built something that went up with flex in mind.