Core T1 bushing quality?

I would not get any arm that uses a "Rubber or Poly" bushing as Core states their T1 arms have. Unless it was the OEM factory arm. That is because the factory arm itself is designed to twist instead of the bushing twisting. Note how the arm is a simple stamped steel design that is not boxed? Your control arm mounts are not designed to withstand the twisting force produced by a solid control arm with a "Rubber or Poly' Bushing.

To answer your question about cheap Chinese bushings. They are abundant in control arms and tracbars. Do not get a tracbar or control arm that is anything other than Clevite Brand bushings and from a reputable brand. Cheap bushings are not the same as Clevite. They are not even close. A well designed control arm or trackbar should have the properly speced durometer of rubber. Some of the Clevite bushings will use 2 different layers of rubber with different durometers to achive the specs they need. The typical Chinese bushing is only one layer of very soft rubber. It will not provide the control that is needed and it will not withstand the abuse. I replaced the rubber bushing in a brand new Moog trackbar at 1000 miles because the bushing was too soft and it was causing handling issues and Moog is a good brand and OEM supplier. But they cheaped out on the bushing.

As mentioned above, I picked up the Rancho D2 control arms a couple years ago when they had their annual spring sale. The arms were very well built and the bushings have been fantastic so far. I don't have many miles on them and I haven't tested their flexing ability to see if it meets their advertising claims, but so far they have been very smooth and yet controlled. Do a search for DDB bushings. The Rancho control arms use the same bushing as the Synergy DDB bushing. You will find lots of info out there. Including some issues with early DDB bushings. Clayton offroad also has a DDB bushing they call the Giiro joint.

FYI - Old Man Emu uses a DDB bushing in their JK control arms and Mopar uses a DDB bushing in their 2" lift control arms for the new JL. However, these do not appear to be built by Synergy.

I guess it is whatever is available:

Hey Matt, thanks for reaching out.

The rubber bushings we use are just a standard factory replacement type. They are a clevite style bushing. The part numbers are K3131 and K3128 and you can find them at any auto parts store.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions, thanks.
Whether or not that is good or bad, I don’t know.

I guess it is whatever is available:

Whether or not that is good or bad, I don’t know.
Moog part number

4F2640E6-DCD4-4A17-8D44-7F98E311B2C5.png

Reactions: Alex01
I would not get any arm that uses a "Rubber or Poly" bushing as Core states their T1 arms have. Unless it was the OEM factory arm. That is because the factory arm itself is designed to twist instead of the bushing twisting. Note how the arm is a simple stamped steel design that is not boxed? Your control arm mounts are not designed to withstand the twisting force produced by a solid control arm with a "Rubber or Poly' Bushing.

To answer your question about cheap Chinese bushings. They are abundant in control arms and tracbars. Do not get a tracbar or control arm that is anything other than Clevite Brand bushings and from a reputable brand. Cheap bushings are not the same as Clevite. They are not even close. A well designed control arm or trackbar should have the properly speced durometer of rubber. Some of the Clevite bushings will use 2 different layers of rubber with different durometers to achive the specs they need. The typical Chinese bushing is only one layer of very soft rubber. It will not provide the control that is needed and it will not withstand the abuse. I replaced the rubber bushing in a brand new Moog trackbar at 1000 miles because the bushing was too soft and it was causing handling issues and Moog is a good brand and OEM supplier. But they cheaped out on the bushing.

As mentioned above, I picked up the Rancho D2 control arms a couple years ago when they had their annual spring sale. The arms were very well built and the bushings have been fantastic so far. I don't have many miles on them and I haven't tested their flexing ability to see if it meets their advertising claims, but so far they have been very smooth and yet controlled. Do a search for DDB bushings. The Rancho control arms use the same bushing as the Synergy DDB bushing. You will find lots of info out there. Including some issues with early DDB bushings. Clayton offroad also has a DDB bushing they call the Giiro joint.

FYI - Old Man Emu uses a DDB bushing in their JK control arms and Mopar uses a DDB bushing in their 2" lift control arms for the new JL. However, these do not appear to be built by Synergy.
Good explanation about why rubber bushings are fine on stock control arms but not aftermarket, I was wondering that myself. I am still leaving towards the tier 1 because even going up to tier 2 is almost another $300, or maybe just a stock replacement set and cam bolts to fix my caster

Last edited: