Could my squealing noise be bad air lines / hoses?

TJ_Man99

So for the last few months my jeep have been making a really bad squealing noice. Now this only happens when I am in gear and accelerating, and it only happens in the first three gears. From what I have gathered from asking other people and looking at this forum, is that it could be bad air lines/hoses (I think this is what they are called). I have been told the best way to find out if one of this hoses has a leak is to spray a small amount of carb cleaner on them and if the engine revs, then you have your leak. My problem is, I do not know what or where these lines are. If yall could possibly point me in the right direction as to which lines are which, I would be most grateful.

I'd check the condition of your belt and/or pulleys first.

Others are talking about a vacuum hose, that is more of a whistle though vs a squeal.

Reactions: Daryl
I'd check the condition of your belt and/or pulleys first.

Others are talking about a vacuum hose, that is more of a whistle though vs a squeal.

X2 to this.

I doubt it has anything to do with your vacuum lines. However, if in doubt, post a video of the noise so we can hear it for ourselves. That might be helpful.

Also, usually a vacuum leak will result in high idles and other performance related issues, not just noise.

Reactions: Daryl and tworley