Critique my build plan

If you are using galvanic reaction or the prevention thereof to pick stuff for your rig, that is fairly silly.

Definitely, I’ve researched more since then and blindly accepted a friend’s advice at the time. Fortunately it’s not a very costly error or lesson.

Definitely, I’ve researched more since then and blindly accepted a friend’s advice at the time. Fortunately it’s not a very costly error or lesson.
That is one of those things that makes you sound like you know what you are talking about when you spout off about it. Then, you walk over and look at the rig and start finding all of the places where that rule is readily violated with no ill effect and then you figure out the spouter is full of shit in this case.

Intake to block.
Alternator to block
Alternator to all of the bearings and bolts that hold it together
Rims to rotors and unit bearings
AC compressor to block
AC compressor mount to block
Rear hinges to tub and tail gate
Bolts through throttle body into intake
Steel bits in the aluminum throttle body
Steel bolts through intake into block

There are more, but that should get the point across.

Reactions: rasband
The last MC front bumper I had here on a rig about a year ago had the winch deck bent up in the back from a moderate pull according to the owner. When I looked at it, I suspect strongly that they use a 5000 series aluminum to form them due to the sharper angles they have in the design. If true, then the 6061 used in the Savvy version is a considerably stronger material.

The MC bars are 7 gauge steel, the only thing aluminium are the shackles and they are T6.

Does it harden like paint? Stay liquid? What? In the army I worked on Cobra attack helicopters and the solution for them was some scotch tape. For a larger contact surface the clear box tape could be used. Nothing fancy and we never had a problem. They called it "dissimilar metal tape" but it came on the same cheap dispenser and the words "scotch tape" in tiny tiny print. Something like $40 a roll. Good old USA.

Think of CPC used on the rotor system, or cosmoline on canvas tents, smells like the same stuff. Waxy/paste that stays that way.

The MC bars are 7 gauge steel, the only thing aluminium are the shackles and they are T6.
Not sure where the confusion is. I was referring to an aluminum front bumper with a winch on it from MC. The winch deck was bent up severely in the back from a decent winch pull.

Not sure where the confusion is. I was referring to an aluminum front bumper with a winch on it from MC. The winch deck was bent up severely in the back from a decent winch pull.

Blaine, was it a TJ MC bumper? Just unless it's been taken off the market they only do steel bumpers. That's where the confusion is.