Currie Anti-Rock Install With Bent Bracket

mikey3288

Hey Team,

My bracket on the axle tube of the driver's side is bent inward. I'm installing the Currie Anti-Rock but if I install it as per the instructions the joint makes contact with the spring.

Is it alright to install it with both bolts facing inward (as pictured)?

I tried straightening the bracket with a large plumber's wrench and it bends but just goes back in to place. If I were to apply heat via a torch or something would that work to permanently straighten it? Or is it not worth the hassle / potential to snap?

Thanks for any input!

PXL_20220807_020537485.jpg

PXL_20220807_020622620.jpg

PXL_20220807_020614822.jpg

Alright awesome! Thanks for all the replies, yeah the Jeep is pretty custom from P.O.

So consensus seems like installation with both bolts inward is a no-go. I'll try the hammer technique although it's definitely a bit tight in there.

His build thread lists the front as an HP44.

that explains why it looks funky to me and now i can see deeper and see that HP cone too.

regardless of what axle it is, this is just AR to axle bracket. it looks bent, trying to manipulate it from the top is futile. you gotta bend that down closer to the connection point, right above the weld. and it' looks like 1/4" so that means BFH.
the top looks trickier to figure.... that TB mount is outside the frame rail and appears to be right in the path of anything on the inside of the AR arm.

So little bit of an update, I used a bfh and got nowhere but heat+ bfh moved the bracket. I was able to get it straight but not pushed towards the front bumper so the anti rock joint is still coming in contact with the spring 😑 although it is better.

The spring is in the way so I can't apply bfh to the bracket and whack it towards the front bumper to create more space. I tried securing the bracket with a pipe wrench and hammering the pipe wrench but it didn't budge.

Any other ideas? I think last resort is to jack up the TJ and remove the spring to be able to get clear access to the bracket and whack it forward.

PXL_20220807_222700129.jpg

PXL_20220807_222808108.jpg

PXL_20220807_222911657.jpg

forward is a different challenge, to bend that that way it needs to glow and then employ the BFH, heat a wide enough patch so there is enough hot metal to stretch.
orange is probably not enough heat, it might take some red, but try to avoid white hot.

It’s not that the brackets are bent. Whoever built that axle welded the sway bar link tabs in at a different position. Cut them off and have them welded in closer to stock and your links will fit right.

Alright awesome! Thanks for all the replies, yeah the Jeep is pretty custom from P.O.

So consensus seems like installation with both bolts inward is a no-go. I'll try the hammer technique although it's definitely a bit tight in there.

Personally I believe it should be fine as long as the heims still have room to articulate. If they are maxed out on the angle and will not move side to side. that will cause problems, but if they are still able to articulate you should be fine.

With some heat and a big wrench maybe you can give the bracket a bit of a twist?

Alright potentially last update!

So I tried someguysjeep recommendation and used heat + bfh with spring out but it didn't budge. Bought an even bigger bfh and still nothing.

I got an even bigger pipe wrench (bfw?) and was able to twist it and get about a 1/4" clearance between the spring and antirock joint.

Does this look like enough clearance? I took it out for a test drive on street only and tried to turn in pretty fast in both directions. I didn't notice any rubbing.

PXL_20220808_003605913.jpg

PXL_20220808_003558464.jpg