CV Rear Driveshaft Problems

Xeno

I ended up lifting my 99 jeep tj 6 Cylinder Automatic which was all stock before the lift. I got a 4in x-series rough country lift, sye kit and the recommended cv drive shaft. When all done the cv drive shaft was full extended but still needed around 2 inches till the rear axle. Anyone can help me with this?

I ended up lifting my 99 jeep tj 6 Cylinder Automatic which was all stock before the lift. I got a 4in x-series rough country lift, sye kit and the recommended cv drive shaft. When all done the cv drive shaft was full extended but still needed around 2 inches till the rear axle. Anyone can help me with this?
Get a longer DC shaft

This is a new shaft? Why was it measured incorrectly, who did you buy it from, and will they correct the problem?

I got it all off of rough country the drive shaft measured out be extended to 19inches and the said it would fit the jeep with the lift.

Rough Country will accept returns for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Call Tom Wood. They will guide you through the measurement process, and you'll have a superior product... worth the xtra $$. Good Luck.
https://4xshaft.com/pages/contact-us
Why does he need to bother Tom to measure from the center of one yoke to the center of the other to get a length?

Why does he need to bother Tom to measure from the center of one yoke to the center of the other to get a length?
You're right... respect. I'm a teacher and "bothered Tom" because I didn't know any better and wanted to get it right. They were patient and helpful with my inexperience.

I’m having problems with my rear cv always breaking the inner ball stud. My pinion angle is set correctly and I don’t get and vibes while on the road just after a wheelin trip it tends to start squealing then gets rough. I think I’m over articulating the rear shaft but not too sure

I’m having problems with my rear cv always breaking the inner ball stud. My pinion angle is set correctly and I don’t get and vibes while on the road just after a wheelin trip it tends to start squealing then gets rough. I think I’m over articulating the rear shaft but not too sure
Guess how you tell you are overextending the Double Cardan after a wheeling trip? That's right, it tears up the centering ball on a regular basis.