Da fuk is this? Return center steering dampener?

Jack1947

Tj newbie
Supporting Member
Any ideas on this fellas?

Screenshot_20210117-192410_Chrome.jpg

Joined another forum because of an upcoming purchase and everyone there is either replacing the factory stabilizer or going to duals.

Very few understand that they are masking an underlying issue.

A reason why I like this forum.

This is a steering stabilizer on steroids 😆

Looks like something Rough Country or Skyjacker would market.
Exactly. Chris let's take those two companies over and show them the way out of the land of the wide-eyed, gullible, green, and easy mark wheelers. 🤣

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Return-to-center is something that happens naturally with adequate caster angle. Nothing more fancy than a good quality hydraulic shock valved to 50-50 is all that's needed for a steering damper.
Who wouldn’t want to fight a spring, lol

Exactly. Chris let's take those two companies over and show them the way out of the land of the wide-eyed, gullible, green, and easy marks wheelers. :D
It will be a cold day in hell before that ever happens 🤣

Without dual steering stabilizers what will all the poor college kids do?

Joined another forum because of an upcoming purchase and everyone there is either replacing the factory stabilizer or going to duals.

Very few understand that they are masking an underlying issue.

A reason why I like this forum.
Must be a JK/JL. Dealerships are told to replace the steering stabilizer to fix death wobble issues.

Nah I know, just making fun of myself. lol

My Brothers TJ has an OME stabilizer on it and it feels better.
Being as it's an OME it's probably gas-charged which is great for suspension shocks but not often a good choice for a steering damper. I'd go for either Rancho's RS5000 kit or a Monroe, both of which are hydraulic. Hydraulic steering dampers work equally 50-50 in both directions, gas-charged are not equal in both directions, one direction gets more push.

I better keep quiet when I switch to a heavier steering damper.