Dan W/ 05 rubicon

Very unique color, and welcome! Very few rigs can pull off that color, and a TJ is one of them.

Very unique color, and welcome! Very few rigs can pull off that color, and a TJ is one of them.
Thanks bob, i’m still getting used to it. Hopefully in the next few weeks I’ll get the first stage of upgrades done and I’ll post new photos. Thanks for the hospitality!

Great looking TJ! I’d buy it no questions asked. TJ’s can wear colors most other cars can’t get away with. TX Coastal Bend, eh? I’m in the Hill Country. We Ike to come down and drive the coast every once in awhile. Welcome to TJ ownership. Glad you are back in a Jeep!

2” OME will look great with some 31’s or 32’s.

Great looking TJ! I’d buy it no questions asked. TJ’s can wear colors most other cars can’t get away with. TX Coastal Bend, eh? I’m in the Hill Country. We Ike to come down and drive the coast every once in awhile. Welcome to TJ ownership. Glad you are back in a Jeep!

2” OME will look great with some 31’s or 32’s.
Thanks for the welcome JMT, right now I’m stuck with the almost new 265/70 R 16’s. I’m hoping the OME 2” lift won’t be too much for them. I don’t want to be the “Electric lime green jeep with too small of tires guy!”
BTW, your build is perfect IMO!

Thanks for the welcome JMT, right now I’m stuck with the almost new 265/70 R 16’s. I’m hoping the OME 2” lift won’t be too much for them. I don’t want to be the “Electric lime green jeep with too small of tires guy!”
BTW, your build is perfect IMO!
If your Jeep looks anything like @Chris with the same setup, it will look great!

Thanks for the kind words. It was stock a year and a half ago. It’s been fun. More to come!

Reactions: Chris
Big fan of the ELG color! Sharp looking Jeep! Mine is shale green metallic. I also recommend the OME kit. On top of that I also have a 1.25 body lift (and a few other minor suspension parts) to fit 33s. Before /after pic. Rides great.
a531760e22400127930ab85ec7f2b5c3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I needed new tires so I made the jump to 33s but my original plan was to use the tire size you have and just the OME kit, I don't think the tires will look too small.

I needed new tires so I made the jump to 33s but my original plan was to use the tire size you have and just the OME kit, I don't think the tires will look too small.

Big fan of the ELG color! Sharp looking Jeep! Mine is shale green metallic. I also recommend the OME kit. On top of that I also have a 1.25 body lift (and a few other minor suspension parts) to fit 33s. Before /after pic. Rides great.View attachment 43322

That’s a nice green Iperk. Yeah I’m going for it. 2” 0ME springs, Probably Rancho shocks, and small BL up front to level.

That’s a nice green Iperk. Yeah I’m going for it. 2” 0ME springs, Probably Rancho shocks, and small BL up front to level.
Good plan!

Maybe you mean a spacer up front. A body lift has 11 mounting locations all around your Jeep. Two on the rear, three on each side and three up front. So the body lift will raise the whole tub off the frame. Usually used to give more room for bigger tires, but also for prepping for a TT. Has other benefits as well.

Good plan!

Maybe you mean a spacer up front. A body lift has 11 mounting locations all around your Jeep. Two on the rear, three on each side and three up front. So the body lift will raise the whole tub off the frame. Usually used to give more room for bigger tires, but also for prepping for a TT. Has other benefits as well.
Oops, yes that’s what I mean. Still learning... do you think it’s worth buying a spring compression tool since I planned on doing this myself? Wait a minute, I’m going to search for a ”how to” thread...

Oops, yes that’s what I mean. Still learning... do you think it’s worth buying a spring compression tool since I planned on doing this myself? Wait a minute, I’m going to search for a ”how to” thread...
Its all good!

No need for a spring compressor on a TJ. Besides, they can be dangerous. And further, you could rent one at a local parts store and save all your coin.

1. Raise the Jeep at the differential
2. Support the Jeep with Jack stands at the frame
3. Use wheel chocks to keep it from rolling (flat solid surface of course and e-brake on)
4. Remove sway bar links at axle
5. Loosen trackbar at axle
6. Loosen control arms
8. Remove lower shock mount.
7. Jack up the opposite side of the axle from the spring you want to remove.
8. Remove your top shock mount

Your spring should almost fall out

Do the same for the other side

A good pry bar will come in handy when you go to put the longer springs back in. Sometimes unbolting the tie rod or track bar at one end will give you a little more droop.

Absolutely sharp TJ and one probably my fave color aside from Jeep Green. There is an LJ member on here with the same color. Anyways just wanted to say welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep!

I want to see this ELG Jeep built! I love the color...
Absolutely sharp TJ and one probably my fave color aside from Jeep Green. There is an LJ member on here with the same color. Anyways just wanted to say welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep!
Thanks EJD, I appreciate everyone’s hospitality. Doing a small 2 inch lift soon will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: EJD and JMT