WTB: Rubicon OEM Rockers with Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those MOPAR enhanced rock rails are slick. I've been looking for a set for over a year with no luck.

Wound up picking up a set of standard diamond plate Rubicon rock rails (for my non Rubi) and just ordered these to add. Gets about as close as possible to the same look, rail can be used as step and no drilling. May be an option to consider.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12053_402_07.htm
View attachment 165710

to what do those attach? They don’t interfere with the stock rubi guards?

I may consider this, that would also prevent any door dings on the Jeep as the other person door would ding that tube first ideally.

I may consider this, that would also prevent any door dings on the Jeep as the other person door would ding that tube first ideally.
If you have a rubicon they attach to the factory holes.

If you have a rubicon they attach to the factory holes.

We’re talking about two different things. My reference was in buddies Body Armor 4x4 post that has something similar looking. Those appear to be mounted in addition to the rocket guards which I would assume they use the OEM step mounting holds on the frame.

Mated up very nicely. Nice and snug with no interference.

They bolt onto the body mounts. Remove body mount and bolt, slide the 3 mounting plates into the body mount channels with the rubber mounts inside the slider channels and reinstall the body mount bolts. Very simple. Installed by myself today.
20200530_113515.jpg

20200530_113856.jpg

Reactions: freebo86
Mated up very nicely. Nice and snug with no interference.

They bolt onto the body mounts. Remove body mount and bolt, slide the 3 mounting plates into the body mount channels with the rubber mounts inside the slider channels and reinstall the body mount bolts. Very simple. Installed by myself today. View attachment 165994

View attachment 166002

Nice. I have a LJ will check if these are available for it. So basically it’s just a flat bar that slides in the body mount and fastened through that?

looks fairly easy to make..

Nice. I have a LJ will check if these are available for it. So basically it’s just a flat bar that slides in the body mount and fastened through that?

looks fairly easy to make..
They do make for the LJ as well. More than a flat bar. The sliders themselves are a beefy rectangular tube under the rocker panel and the 'arms' we'll call them that mount are channels that slide into the frame channels where the body mounts are. These are looking at the mounting arms/ channels from underneath the passenger side; rear, center, front.
20200530_182938.jpg
20200530_182916.jpg
20200530_182911.jpg
20200530_182921.jpg

Reactions: freebo86
They do make for the LJ as well. More than a flat bar. The sliders themselves are a beefy rectangular tube under the rocker panel and the 'arms' we'll call them that mount are channels that slide into the frame channels where the body mounts are. These are looking at the mounting arms/ channels from underneath the passenger side; rear, center, front. View attachment 166056View attachment 166058View attachment 166059View attachment 166060

thanks! You wouldn’t happen to have better pictures of those channels/mounts that fasten to the body mount?

thanks! You wouldn’t happen to have better pictures of those channels/mounts that fasten to the body mount?

Here you can see the both the Rubicon rail mounts (2 black tabs wrapping under the rocker) and the body armor channel mounts.

I don't have any pictures underneath from before mounting but if you look under your jeep, you'll see the body mounts have 2 rubber pieces, upper and lower, with the lower ones on the underside of the channel in the frame.

To mount the body armor rails, you remove the lower rubber piece and insert it into the channel on the body armor rail and reinstall the bolt up through the body armor rail and rubber snubber back into the body mount where it came from. That factory rubber snubber is still there; it's inside the body armor rail channel, below the visible one. It's the same for all 3 of the channeled mounting results.

If you click on the product link, once on the site, you should be able to open the installation instructions. They're not great, but they do have a couple of illustrations and similar explanations. Hope that helps.
20200531_083109.jpg
20200531_083047.jpg

I was able to find them on eBay about a year ago some guy had 3 sets of them I think I paid like $350 for them. I’d keep checking eBay daily I still see them on there once in awhile.
5249D85F-453D-4521-AE86-268D8B421AED.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.