SOLD Dana 44 Rear (3.73s with Discs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameronkales

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Price
This is pending by @SkylinesSuck but posting so I don’t forget. I’ll update if situation changes.

Rear Dana 44 with 3.73s and disc brakes. Jeep has 88k miles on it. In good shape.

drilled for Currie bumps and track bar relocation.

Im sure @SkylinesSuck will snag it up, but if not, let me know. 🍻

Just throwing it out there, @Irun has a Dana 44 in great shape with 3.73s and drum brakes that are just missing a couple of odd brake parts for a good price. If you currently have a Dana 35 (I have an 8.8🫤), you would have all the missing pieces needed to make it whole. And I happen to know a guy heading to NC with an empty trailer to go pick up a different Dana 44 that could bring it your way 😀

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/dana-44-rear.75844/

Reactions: Jamesval035
Just throwing it out there, @Irun has a Dana 44 in great shape with 3.73s and drum brakes that are just missing a couple of odd brake parts for a good price. If you currently have a Dana 35 (I have an 8.8🫤), you would have all the missing pieces needed to make it whole. And I happen to know a guy heading to NC with an empty trailer to go pick up a different Dana 44 that could bring it your way 😀

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/dana-44-rear.75844/

lol, trust me I’ve thought about headed up that way to buy it. But again, the whole disc brakes thing…🤷🏻‍♂️. I can always wait and see. My Jeep has a 44 but my son’s has 35. He’s only 15 so has some time before he hits the roads and trails, so I’m in no rush. Thanks for the offer though.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
No problem at all and I go to Greensboro semi-frequently to visit family so the offer stands. Also, IMHO drum vs disc is only a matter of ease of maintenance on a jeep. They will perform the same.

Reactions: BlueC and Zorba
No problem at all and I go to Greensboro semi-frequently to visit family so the offer stands. Also, IMHO drum vs disc is only a matter of ease of maintenance on a jeep. They will perform the same.

Ok cool and good to know. Ya, I have drum brakes in my 44 and have redid them in the past year, but seems like I have to continually adjust them to hold the Jeep. Just a pain I guess.

Interesting. I believe there is a self adjuster and if you put it in backwards, what you describe can occur. Are you talking about regular braking or the parking brake?

FYI - after I learned more and realized I’d need to include the backing plates to make this a complete swap for someone (and then, need to buy new ones myself), I’m just going to hold onto Dana 44 myself.

I’d delete if I could but I don’t see an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.