Dana vs. Currie Diff Cover?

FultonD33

TJ Enthusiast
Are there any problems with either of these diff covers? I have the Rockjock Currectlync and Rockjock TJJ Track Bar in the front.

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 11.51.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 11.51.35 AM.png

Reactions: rasband and Alex01
I would recommend something like shown here. It can be a tight fit to get the axle where it needs to go with aftermarket track bars. Throw in beefy aftermarket covers and in many cases it is impossible.

762E8F69-5349-42D5-BF22-03E46015664D.png

I am running the Dana cover with the no clearance issues, but everyones setup is different. I also like that it has a drain plug.
Have you cycled your suspension without shocks and springs? With both sides pressed up against bump stops at the same time? Also check your cover for marks to be sure.

Edit. Looks like you may have a aftermarket frame side track bar mount? That can change things a bit too.

Reactions: JMT
I have the dana cover and noticed how much of a beating that drain plug takes. On the last trip it actually worked itself loose enough to seep fluid. I am looking at new covers where the drain plug is more protected.

Keep clearance issues in mind, I had to grind ribs from Dana, it was fairly quick and effortless.

PXL_20211228_210634883.jpg