Dead Jeep

Larry221

Supporting Member
Hey all. I have not been driving my jeep. Started it 2 weeks ago and let it run for a hour. Did the same thing Thursday 12/15 when I opened the door I turned the interior light on, did not turn on. Turned it off and opened the hood, hood light is working. So I go back and turn the headlights on… no head lights.. put KOEO gauges work turn key to start and I heard a click/arc sound. Took key out and tried again but now the cluster has no power and the hood light is out. Last stab was a jump start of my girlfriends JK and same result hood light back on and no cluster.

97 4.0 Auto Stock engine and trans

edit just got the jeep back
battery, alternator, transmission mount and rebuild rear driveshaft
. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i think i got taken for a ride... Whats avg time for this Amount of work?

8AAE9D31-FFFF-415E-AEED-D4D172085F71.jpeg

Last edited:
Dear Lord we are gathered here today to bury this dead Jeep, we know it's dead because.

1. It won't start or do anything
2. The dang check engine/MIL light sure as the devil ain't on!!

Sorry that's the best I could do on short notice!!!!

put a multimeter on the battery to check it. most likely you’ll find it’s done. buy new battery and continue on with life. ps batteries ain’t cheap!

Reactions: Larry221
As mentioned if connection between cables and battery post are dirty/corroded and you try to jump to cable since can’t actually get the post might not be getting good connection. Check for corrosion and pull cables and clean really good first to be sure that is not it.

2AA0C045-296D-4156-B27B-9DFECF85BBEF.png

As mentioned if connection between cables and battery post are dirty/corroded and you try to jump to cable since can’t actually get the post might not be getting good connection. Check for corrosion and pull cables and clean really good first to be sure that is not it.

View attachment 385139

Just make sure the battery connection is good