Derlin door hinge bushings

Now that this has popped back up, everyone should know that not all the TJ hinges accept full length bushings. Some are shorter. That and I'm sad to see Q-tec jump into this. It won't be much longer before they are another smittybilt Chinese copy machine.

This is true. I had to drill out a set once. The other option is to take the full length bushing and cut it down.

I know I've mentioned it before, but the other day I ran across the stock hinge bushing that had cold welded itself to the hinge pin and was rotating as a unit within the body side hinge. This is one of the benefits of the Delrin.

Now that this has popped back up, everyone should know that not all the TJ hinges accept full length bushings. Some are shorter. That and I'm sad to see Q-tec jump into this. It won't be much longer before they are another smittybilt Chinese copy machine.

Hey man, could you clarify what you mean by "sad to see Q-tec jump into this"? If I ever shop Quadratec, it's largely for the same reason I might use Amazon - pretty quick, easy, better price (rarely). If I choose to use a brand/product, it's probably because I researched it on here and read every single review I could find. That was the case with the Delrin bushings. I assume I'm getting the product from the manufacturer, not a Q-tec version with the brand name slapped on. I'm not always right though and so...

I'm curious if that's what you meant by your comment.

I have installed the Q-tec delrin bushings fairly recently. I don't know how they will wear but my TJ doesn't see a tremendous amount of use either.

I would do it again. Getting the old bushings out was tedious and time consuming. Even if the new delrin bushings don't work out I won't be sorry. It simply cannot be that hard to replace them.

The doors swing noticeably easier and I could easily take them off if so inclined. That wasn't true before.