Did anyone here purchase their TJ brand new?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I suspect there will be very few (if any at all) original owners, but if so, I want to know! Did anyone purchase there TJ brand new from the dealer?

My first 2002 x model, yes new from the dealer. My second 2002 sport model, no. I bought it used from a guy that services dental equipment.

Reactions: Chris
My first 2002 x model, yes new from the dealer. My second 2002 sport model, no. I bought it used from a guy that services dental equipment.

Why didn't you keep the first one? Just took a break for a while?

Either way, what a kick to have been able to go buy a TJ off the showroom floor!

I suspect there will be very few (if any at all) original owners, but if so, I want to know! Did anyone purchase there TJ brand new from the dealer?
I am the proud original owner of a 2003 Jeep TJ 'X'. It has 167,000 miles on it. I have replaced the brakes three times. The shocks, and springs once. The only thing done with the engine has been oil changes. It has been my daily driver, as well as my recreational vehicle. I might decide to get a 2018 Wrangler because I've had such good luck with this one!

I bought mine brand new in 2005. Been driving it every day since. Just hit 106,000 miles.

It’s been very reliable. Gone thru 2 batteries. Changed the spark plugs a few times. Changed out the rear main seal, oil valve/cover seal, front axle and pinion seal, and rear pinion seal.

Haven’t even had to change out the OPDA yet.

Most reliable vehicle I’ve had so far. And by far the most fun.

I actually ran across some pictures I took when I first bought it. It’s come a long way since then....

Yup March 2006 brand spanking new and I plan on keeping it til the very end. It had just arrived so there were hardly any miles on it. I still have the dealer sticker from back then.It is my daily driver plus fun vehicle.
My son was 5 and my daughter was 9. Damn they all grow up way too fast lol

Before_1509106114998.JPG

Does it count if I didn't buy from the dealer, BUT I did buy it from the person who did? Its a 97 Sahara, I bought it with 70,000 original miles and ALL paperwork, to include window sticker and sales slips from dealer and advertising. Just curious....

Does it count if I didn't buy from the dealer, BUT I did buy it from the person who did? Its a 97 Sahara, I bought it with 70,000 original miles and ALL paperwork, to include window sticker and sales slips from dealer and advertising. Just curious....
No, I was looking for people who ordered them brand new from the dealer. Still very cool though!

Reactions: Reign Mack
Why didn't you keep the first one? Just took a break for a while?

Either way, what a kick to have been able to go buy a TJ off the showroom floor!

My oldest daughter was born in 2008. I sold it after 6 years and 44,000 miles on it. I didn’t want to sell it but Getting a baby bucket in and out of the back seat was a pain in the ass. But looking back selling wasn’t a bad thing. It had 3.07 gears, no AC and a Hard top. Now I have soft top, AC, 3.73 gears and half doors.

Looks like the common thing between those that "still have them", is weather conditions. I don't see anyone from the snowy or salty states replying...hmmmm

Reactions: Chris
You could get a brand new JK and have that opportunity! :)

Eh, if I was rich enough to afford 40k, I would do it, but I'm not going to finance a $40,000 vehicle, no chance in hell. $20,000? Sure... But 40k, no way!

The JK never sold me on the look either. I don't like the lines of the JK body for some reason, it doesn't look as classic.

Reactions: Ron505
Looks like the common thing between those that "still have them", is weather conditions. I don't see anyone from the snowy or salty states replying...hmmmm

I’m in Indiana. Where the weather is hot and sunny one day, and cold and 4ft of snow the next. They use A LOT of salt on the roads here.

Reactions: Ron505