Did they offer the JK in a non-4x4 form?

TreverStevens

Knows enough to be dangerous
Supporting Member
Did they offer the JK in a non-4x4 format? I thought all Wranglers were 4x4 from the factory?

https://wichita.craigslist.org/wto/d/braman-4-door-jeep/6945989609.html
I know it's an '07 so it has the potentially problematic 3.8, but decent miles and has some paint issues on the hood, but I'm half tempted to pick it up, put just a little money into it (paint and maybe bumpers) and see if I can sell it for around $15,000+.

The first year JK.
dfl-2x4-number-2-dimensional.jpg

The first year JK.
Ahhhh, I wasn't aware. I knew plenty of other vehicles in the Jeep lineup were offered without 4x4 but I had thought all the Wranglers came with 4x4. Guessing it probably isn't worth my time and money to buy it, convert it to 4x4, paint it, and sell it for a few grand (if that) over what I have into it.

Did the TJ come in 2WD? I was out with a large group in Ocala National Forrest last year. We got stopped behind a TJ that was stuck in the mud but neither front tire was spinning.

I am by no means an expert on everything TJ, but TJ I have seen is 4x4. Don't know if he just didn't drop it into 4 or maybe his shifter was broke? Maybe they did offer it in 2WD and I'm way off base?