Diff Bearing Seal Replacement Difficulty?

TJ_Dante711

So I found out that I have a front driver's side diff bearing seal that's leaking, I'm pretty new to going in depth with pulling my TJ apart and working on it, Videos of replacing them don't look too difficult but I'm wondering if this is a Job that I can do in my driveway, and if anyone has any experience or tips with replacing them? Thanks

It involves removing both outter hubs and axle shafts. Removing the cover, and removing the bearing caps that hold the carrier. Carefully remove the carrier, you must take special care of the shims which set the backlash and they have to go back in the exact way they came. Thats the hardest part. The carrier and shims can be a little heavy and awkward to handle. Since everything is out, I would suggest replacing both seals at the same time. You can drive them into the tube by placing a long bar thru the opposite tube and gently tapping them into place. Reassemble everything and be careful when sliding the new shafts into place. It can be a daunting task since everything comes out, but as long as you put the shims back where they came from, it isn't to hard.

It involves removing both outter hubs and axle shafts. Removing the cover, and removing the bearing caps that hold the carrier. Carefully remove the carrier, you must take special care of the shims which set the backlash and they have to go back in the exact way they came. Thats the hardest part. The carrier and shims can be a little heavy and awkward to handle. Since everything is out, I would suggest replacing both seals at the same time. You can drive them into the tube by placing a long bar thru the opposite tube and gently tapping them into place. Reassemble everything and be careful when sliding the new shafts into place. It can be a daunting task since everything comes out, but as long as you put the shims back where they came from, it isn't to hard.
Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to try tackling it on my own