Dilemma for new owner

The cost difference in tires between a 15" and 18" rim will mostly cover the costs of new rims. Then you'd also have the 18" rims to sell, so you'd possibly even be in money.
Yes good advice..
In the KO2 there is nearly a 50.00 difference in price per tire when going from an 18 to 15 wheel. That's 250 bucks counting the spare PLUS you can sell the 18's to a JK owner and be ahead.

Reactions: derekmac and Cbinau
Been researching switching to 15s, looking at the K02 and Maxxis buckshots. How much could I sell my 18s for I wonder?

Still need to upload more video with suspension issue been out of town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On selling the 18's IDK purely depends on the wheel and your market. You might find someone willing to trade you even. 5 ravine's new are likely to set you back 200 to 250 so the tire savings funds the wheel so you are not out any additional coin. I am personally not a fan of anything larger than a 16 on a TJ but you have a greater tire selection in 15.

Also there is nothing special about going from a "road" tire to an AT tire. I believe I would find a different shop.

[Edit] you know the KO2 and Buckshot are different types right? The KO2 is an AT and the Buck is an MT.

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac
IMHO, driving 75 mph in a TJ (almost regardless of tires) is a "fun" ride anyway. Short wheelbase and high CG cause that. Also, gas mileage is really bad, given the aerodynamics. My experiences with DW have most often occurred within a few thousand miles of replacing tires, most likely aggravated by worn tread. Good luck with your TJ.