Dirtworx rear bumper review

CptnMurica

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Being as I have graduated into the advanced club. I’m gonna pass this info on to the Newbies interested in a rear bumper.
Instillation was easy. I just used the outside 4 bolt holes and didn’t secure it properly. No paint for added hardcore affect. Solid.
The wife and I debated highly on where to test it. She won. We went to one of the most notoriously knarly areas in Nwa. The mall. Upon arriving at jc pennys there was only one parking spot. I seen the line, after careful consideration I sent it. While performing a reverse micro adjustment(it was tight) I slammed into a 20ft tall light post with a big yellow concrete pylon, it came out of no where?! I inspected for damage not a knick. So after the extensive field test it gets 5 stars. Some of the best money invested for my jeep. That along with the hot pink crotchless lace panties I bought for my wife she tried on for me. Priceless!

89BE5C39-4301-447F-9E7C-271F3E7C94AB.jpeg

I actually shed 4lbs by time I got all this mess off. A bit over kill for my applications. But I back up a lot into trees on steep trails etc. It’s perfect.

3CB13295-C9EA-4571-BB02-CC479AD699BB.jpeg

Reactions: matkal
Close-ups are fine. 🥳 Here's a pic of my wife and her assless panties. 🤫
This thread is worthless without pics
View attachment 319688
Ty, my wallet tho. I’m a gentleman, sometimes. I reserve the right to all my images. Imagined or not. I need to look back through my stuff to see what I’m committed to now. I wonder if new shingles for my roof is on that mod list. 👀

Being as I have graduated into the advanced club. I’m gonna pass this info on to the Newbies interested in a rear bumper.
Instillation was easy. I just used the outside 4 bolt holes and didn’t secure it properly. No paint for added hardcore affect. Solid.
The wife and I debated highly on where to test it. She won. We went to one of the most notoriously knarly areas in Nwa. The mall. Upon arriving at jc pennys there was only one parking spot. I seen the line, after careful consideration I sent it. While performing a reverse micro adjustment(it was tight) I slammed into a 20ft tall light post with a big yellow concrete pylon, it came out of no where?! I inspected for damage not a knick. So after the extensive field test it gets 5 stars. Some of the best money invested for my jeep. That along with the hot pink crotchless lace panties I bought for my wife she tried on for me. Priceless!

View attachment 319666
I see the bumper, but where is your wife in the hot pink crotch less panties? 🤨

I had a dirtworx second hand, and it is a well made bumper that is now on @tworley 's rig.

In an LJ I had a few complaints, but they probably aren't relevant for anyone that doesn't rock crawl specifically in an LJ:

1. The D-Ring mounts mounted at the midpoint of the bumper. My next venture plate has them mounted in the top third and are thicker (more soft-shackle friendly).
2. The entire bumper is about 3.5" off the bumper plate due to the mounting system, so I dragged more than I would have otherwise with the LJ's overhang.
3. You can't catch what isn't there. The ends protect the tub, kinda - but the edges would catch rocks sometimes. The corners of my tub are showing that even more with the NV plate.
4. The hitch sticks out a good bit - again, an LJ specific issue, but worth being aware of. Probably about 6-6.5" total from the back of the rig.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CptnMurica
I had a dirtworx second hand, and it is a well made bumper that is now on @tworley 's rig.

In an LJ I had a few complaints, but they probably aren't relevant for anyone that doesn't rock crawl specifically in an LJ:

1. The D-Ring mounts mounted at the midpoint of the bumper. My next venture plate has them mounted in the top third and are thicker (more soft-shackle friendly).
2. The entire bumper is about 3.5" off the bumper plate due to the mounting system, so I dragged more than I would have otherwise with the LJ's overhang.
3. You can't catch what isn't there. The ends protect the tub, kinda - but the edges would catch rocks sometimes. The corners of my tub are showing that even more with the NV plate.
4. The hitch sticks out a good bit - again, an LJ specific issue, but worth being aware of. Probably about 6-6.5" total from the back of the rig.
Same problems in a tj if you're in the rocks enough. It's a good bumper, just sticks out to far. Wheeler Lake it was hanging me up in the v-notch