Dirtworx rear bumper review

I had a dirtworx second hand, and it is a well made bumper that is now on @tworley 's rig.

In an LJ I had a few complaints, but they probably aren't relevant for anyone that doesn't rock crawl specifically in an LJ:

1. The D-Ring mounts mounted at the midpoint of the bumper. My next venture plate has them mounted in the top third and are thicker (more soft-shackle friendly).
2. The entire bumper is about 3.5" off the bumper plate due to the mounting system, so I dragged more than I would have otherwise with the LJ's overhang.
3. You can't catch what isn't there. The ends protect the tub, kinda - but the edges would catch rocks sometimes. The corners of my tub are showing that even more with the NV plate.
4. The hitch sticks out a good bit - again, an LJ specific issue, but worth being aware of. Probably about 6-6.5" total from the back of the rig.
I’m an overbuilt trail rig. I do some rocks but just not set up for that stuff. I really enjoy watching em do that. And much respect for the big balls required. I’m on the edge of a big forest so Rocky fire roads power lines a little mud which I hate and lots of up and down tight trails. Creeks sluices. It’s my style. I guide groups. Saturday I got 16 following me.

Reactions: JMT and rasband
I’m an overbuilt trail rig. I do some rocks but just not set up for that stuff. I really enjoy watching em do that. And much respect for the big balls for sure. I’m on the edge of a big forest so Rocky fire roads power lines a little mud which I hate and lots of up and down tight trails. Creeks sluices. It’s my style. I guide groups. Saturday I got 16 following me.
They make a great bumper that looks good. If it didn't cause me any trouble for what I like to do I'd still run it! Hard to argue with how it performed when you failed to park 😉

Reactions: CptnMurica
They make a great bumper that looks good. If it didn't cause me any trouble for what I like to do I'd still run it! Hard to argue with how it performed when you failed to park 😉
This. When I get it mounted for realz I’ll analyze the thread so I can relate to the relevant input. I like how it covers my corners for what I do. And I shed 4 lbs. which is my build low light and tight. no billy goating. Sticking out a bit more isn’t gonna affect me. Check, check and check! 😃

I had a dirtworx second hand, and it is a well made bumper that is now on @tworley 's rig.

In an LJ I had a few complaints, but they probably aren't relevant for anyone that doesn't rock crawl specifically in an LJ:

1. The D-Ring mounts mounted at the midpoint of the bumper. My next venture plate has them mounted in the top third and are thicker (more soft-shackle friendly).
2. The entire bumper is about 3.5" off the bumper plate due to the mounting system, so I dragged more than I would have otherwise with the LJ's overhang.
3. You can't catch what isn't there. The ends protect the tub, kinda - but the edges would catch rocks sometimes. The corners of my tub are showing that even more with the NV plate.
4. The hitch sticks out a good bit - again, an LJ specific issue, but worth being aware of. Probably about 6-6.5" total from the back of the rig.
I enjoy the precise info. You know your sh|t. It’s why I’m here. After my last one got rolled I looked hard for an lj rubicon. You can’t find them reasonable. So I stuck with what I know. After crossing over with mods on this one I joined a group and started leading all kinds of jeeps wheeling. One guy had this huge monster gladiator and was just rolling over stuff I was dancing around. I would laugh when I got him on a tight ridge.l forest trail. He said it best. There are advantages and disadvantage to every generation of jeeps. That hit it for me exactly. I’m all jeep period. Since I was a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
Finished painting mine Tuesday. Plan to install on Saturday. How did y'all go about drilling the hole in the rear of the frame to accommodate the inner mounting locations? Did you drop the tank skid and tank to access the back side? Thanks

Finished painting mine Tuesday. Plan to install on Saturday. How did y'all go about drilling the hole in the rear of the frame to accommodate the inner mounting locations? Did you drop the tank skid and tank to access the back side? Thanks
If you drop the tank you might as well do a gas tank lift at the same time, and while you’re add it add a 1.25 body lift while you’re there to accommodate the raised gas tank

That’s a good question. I just got mine painted yesterday. The post was a joke I just mad up.

7CAAAFD8-8ACA-4551-904D-2BC52D5FE8BC.jpeg

Reactions: suicideking
I'm really happy with mine. Good attention to detail, good customer service, and good value. I have ONE complaint though: the bracket for the Jerry can (or in my case ammo can) isn't strong enough, so my can bangs against the tailgate on washboard. Yeah- I have it mounted super tight, but I risk dragging it otherwise. I had some gussets welded on and will see how they do this weekend. Overall though, I highly recommend this product. Even the weigh wasn't terrible...something like 75 pounds with carrier and hardware, if I recall. I was so happy with it I actually put his little logo plate on to give him some advertising.

245078768_398392648393934_2640187264452927117_n.jpeg