Do half doors have any advantage over full doors?

Comparing prices the only thing I have against Bulldawgs is per their website only the rear pane slides open. Where as with the full doors I could roll the entire window down.
that is true.
mine are half slides like that. but, for me personally, if im going to have a window all the way down, i might as well take the uppers off. i like the low sit of the half doors when i have my arm sitting on them.

Reactions: Fughuert
that is true.
mine are half slides like that. but, for me personally, if im going to have a window all the way down, i might as well take the uppers off. i like the low sit of the half doors when i have my arm sitting on them.
Between all the various responses on the different threads like this one I think its safe to say that the type of door that is "best" comes down to our individual preferences/situations. One of the things that makes Jeeps so fun :)

Reactions: PCO6 and Gbelle21
Between all the various responses on the different threads like this one I think its safe to say that the type of door that is "best" comes down to our individual preferences/situations. One of the things that makes Jeeps so fun :)
No manf label, just date label of 02
Here's a pic of the door

image.jpeg

Nice!

Does the front portion slide back?

I like what looks like flat fenders. Kicking around ideas for something similar, but since I mainly on-road drive not sure I can justify it other than for looks.
It doesn't. Something I didn't know until I got them. It was a minor inconvenience.
The flat fenders... The jeep was almost totaled when I bought it. All the front end bits are new, among other things. I couldn't find a set of stock fenders that weren't damaged or rusted that didn't cost an arm and leg. So the flat fenders were cheaper. It's my dd at the moment as my Xj is on loan

I have half doors. And am actively looking for full doors. The things I don't like about half doors. Is you can't see as well out of the plastic side to side. As you can with a full door glass. It really messes with my peripheral vision when I'm driving. I also can't find a decent place to set my elbow when driving. I am 6'3" though.

I also hate how you have to stop to open the window. Or the air just sucks it out. Yes. I know you can simply stop and place the entire upper in your backseat. But all in all I really don't like them. My Jeep came originally (prior to me buying it) with full doors. But the PO put the half doors on. As you can probably tell I hate them. lol.

But to each their own. I know alot of guys love them. And love taking their doors off and on. I'm not in that camp. I'd like to take the top off and on. But I think I'll be alot happier with full doors. Just easier to deal with all the way around. Windows roll up and down. And less leaks. My half doors leak all the time. Which can probably be fixed though. I know alot of guys run half doors in rainy places with no problems.

And I for one (only my personal opinion) think the Jeep looks way better with full doors. I can't tell you why. Just what I prefer visually. But I think there are just as many if not more that think they look cooler.

If anyone has black full doors they want to trade with extra from me. Let me know.

Love my half doors...the weather out here (sub tropical) can change pretty quickly so being able to go from half doors with an upper on when its windy, to just removing the upper as the wind drops, then as the day warms up taking off the doors altogether.....its like a TJ Striptease. 😲

I have half doors. And am actively looking for full doors. The things I don't like about half doors. Is you can't see as well out of the plastic side to side. As you can with a full door glass. It really messes with my peripheral vision when I'm driving. I also can't find a decent place to set my elbow when driving. I am 6'3" though.

I also hate how you have to stop to open the window. Or the air just sucks it out. Yes. I know you can simply stop and place the entire upper in your backseat. But all in all I really don't like them. My Jeep came originally (prior to me buying it) with full doors. But the PO put the half doors on. As you can probably tell I hate them. lol.

But to each their own. I know alot of guys love them. And love taking their doors off and on. I'm not in that camp. I'd like to take the top off and on. But I think I'll be alot happier with full doors. Just easier to deal with all the way around. Windows roll up and down. And less leaks. My half doors leak all the time. Which can probably be fixed though. I know alot of guys run half doors in rainy places with no problems.

And I for one (only my personal opinion) think the Jeep looks way better with full doors. I can't tell you why. Just what I prefer visually. But I think there are just as many if not more that think they look cooler.

If anyone has black full doors they want to trade with extra from me. Let me know.

I have full dark blue doors, if you're interested.

I have full dark blue doors, if you're interested.

I actually found a set of black doors in the sub $800 range. Very pleased. Should have them in the coming week or two. They need a good buffing. But seriously considering a wrap job down the road instead. Either black (like the Jeep) or camo black. Screw trying to get the paint to match. Would cost a ton.

I have had both now. Had half's on my 2.5 (got rid of her couple weeks ago)
And have fulls on my Rubi now. Fulls are more sound proof and weather. But I do enjoy the halves in the evening off with a nice arm rest.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and KCsTJ

I echo your sentiments on the half vs. full doors. I went so far as to buy a set of half doors from a previously owned TJ, and had them professionally painted silver. They looked great, but did not fit all that great. The weather seals on the half doors prevented them from closing all the way without slamming them. It might have been because the half doors were from a 1997, and trying to use them on my 2004, who knows...add to that the PITA of removing the full doors, storing them somewhere, and needing a set of uppers if you didn't want to get caught in a sudden storm. I decided it was full doors or no doors, and sold the half doors after not having them very long. YMMV.

Half doors offer better freedom and air movement.
Check out tubular doors. Cheaper and better ventilation.

Better than no doors since the mirrors are permanent.
Trade doors and drive.

Reactions: Daryl
I wanted half doors until I tried them out. I have spacers under my seats as the later model tjs seating position is uncomfortably low. With the half doors on I felt almost as if I cold fall out. They offer a better driving experience if you're out on the rocks and with technical terrain, but usually for the cost they're not worth it unless you really like how they look. Either way the only way to know for sure is to try them.