Do I just need coil spacers?

What is your current ride height, front and rear? Measure the springs, including the spacer.

2003 Rubicon
I will get you some measurements shortly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Front - ground to fender opening with 33 inch tire

04524d1dd47db20e6002188441e9c82e.jpg

Front - spring length

61e8d81887b1ec863351bf10a1761976.jpg

Rear - ground to fender opening with 33 inch tire

4d974c4dc1148aef69524cfc7d21a554.jpg

Rear - spring length

66c54038413e64a02cf9fac9d9e971d5.jpg

What about looking for zj springs that are 6inch.. they should be heavier spring rate..
Just a quick web look..I have seen a few sets from skyjacker and fabtech...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What about looking for zj springs that are 6inch.. they should be heavier spring rate..
Just a quick web look..I have seen a few sets from skyjacker and fabtech...

Interesting thought. Are they compatible? By the way, is your username an Avenged Sevenfold reference?

Looks like a 4" lift to me, with a 3/4 coil spacer up front to level it out. Stock springs are 12" front, 8" rear.

Looks like a 4" lift to me, with a 3/4 coil spacer up front to level it out. Stock springs are 12" front, 8" rear.
Very interesting actually. I didn't know that. I originally ordered a 4 inch kit but then they accidentally shipped a kit that *said* it was a 6 inch kit so I thought I checked the part number on the spring that confirmed it was a 6 inch kit but that could easily be a figment of my imagination.

If I had to venture a guess I would say it has "settled" about an inch or more with the V8 addition

That's a lot of "settling". I would speculate that a V8 couldn't be that much heavier than the 4.0L The inline 6 is a heavy bastard.

Interesting thought. Are they compatible? By the way, is your username an Avenged Sevenfold reference?

Yes they are compatible.. I know because I have installed zj springs in my front.. but spring rate and lift was to much for my 4 banger.

My name.. ordained minister and motorcycle freak and nope never thought about seven fold...lol now makes even more sense..

Reactions: KCsTJ
Yes they are compatible.. I know because I have installed zj springs in my front.. but spring rate and lift was to much for my 4 banger.

My name.. ordained minister and motorcycle freak and nope never thought about seven fold...lol now makes even more sense..

Oh cool, I can understand the user name now. I will look into zj coils a bit. It seems a few manufacturers use the same part number for zj, xj, tj coils but maybe more of the specialized brands like rustys or things like that would actually use different springs.

Reactions: TheReV
When you guys install the spacers do you remove the stock rubber spring pad or just install over it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you guys install the spacers do you remove the stock rubber spring pad or just install over it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went over it. Not sure if it matters.

2003 Rubicon