Do the Savvy mid-arm LJ kits come with longer arms?

CosmoKramer

New to the Forum and it has been a long time since I've been on an active forum so forgive me if I do something againest the latest and greatest ethics!

So I have been researching the heck out of Savvy mid-arm lift kits and Mr. Blaine's posts. I run their large brake kit on my LJ and it made a world of difference in stopping that thing. I have a project TJ I am just starting to go after and I have a great rust-free tub and frame. I also have a wrecked donor 2003 TJ Rubicon for some of the major driveline components. So first step for me is trying to figure out what suspension I am going to go after. I love playing in the rocks and the more technical wheeling stuff. I am thinking 35" minimum...maybe 37" in the future but will start with 35's. Plan is for coil-overs on all 4 corners....my first time in 20+ yrs of jeeping playing with these bad boys.

So my other desires are better approach / departure as I have lived my entire jeep life hitting the rear of the jeep coming off obstacles. Which...with proper skid plates...not a huge deal...just a bit of a harsher ride for the wife. So I am looking at extending the rear 6-7" utilizing the Genright comp 23 gal gas tank. It looks like I have plenty of room to move the savvy frame brackets rearward on the frame to accomplish this.

The other end is the question. I would like to move the front 3". I've read the posts....not a fun or small job. Looked at utilizing the TNT steering box rotate kit. However, it looks like I don't have as much room on the front frame before it starts curing up for the front frame brackets to move.

I heard that the LJ version of the mid-arm kit had longer control arms and maybe this would help my front stretch desire. However, I thought the only difference was the frame bracket was different due to the extra bracing on the LJ frame.

Look for advice and hopefully Mr. Blaine's input!!

Thanks all in advance!

Last edited:
This was the TJ that caught my attention a while back that Mr. Blaine posted in a mid arm discussion thread. Unless there was a build thread i missed on this jeep.....it just mentioned the mid arm kit and 37's. Doesnt appear to have the front stretched....I may just stick to the currie steering system with the savvy upgrade, stretch the rear and call it done.

DSC_4745 (1).JPG

This was the TJ that caught my attention a while back that Mr. Blaine posted in a mid arm discussion thread. Unless there was a build thread i missed on this jeep.....it just mentioned the mid arm kit and 37's. Doesnt appear to have the front stretched....I may just stick to the currie steering system with the savvy upgrade, stretch the rear and call it done.

View attachment 228221
That front’s been pushed.
Look at the angle of the shock. The lower link bracket is aftermarket too

View attachment 228221
The front is stretched as far as moving the springs over the center of the axle tube will net you or about 2". We mock up the pitman and steering knuckle steering arms to determine the length of the pitman and the trackbar pushes forward that far and then we move the axle forward until it just clears the trackbar. The TJ Unlimited rear mid arms are longer, the fronts are all the same since all TJ's are the same from the back of the doors forward except for belly skid hole location.

That front’s been pushed.
Look at the angle of the shock. The lower link bracket is aftermarket too
That is a coil over and it was angled like that on purpose. The forward shift of the axle has nothing to do with that. All the link mounts are unmolested Savvy mid arm mounts.

The front is stretched as far as moving the springs over the center of the axle tube will net you or about 2". We mock up the pitman and steering knuckle steering arms to determine the length of the pitman and the trackbar pushes forward that far and then we move the axle forward until it just clears the trackbar. The TJ Unlimited rear mid arms are longer, the fronts are all the same since all TJ's are the same from the back of the doors forward except for belly skid hole location.
Thanks Mr Blaine.

Does the TJ pictured above have the standard Savvy TJ Mid arm kit? If yes, are the frame mount brackets just moved back on the frame in order to get the stretch? Just want to double confirm before i order anything.

Thanks Mr Blaine.

Does the TJ pictured above have the standard Savvy TJ Mid arm kit? If yes, are the frame mount brackets just moved back on the frame in order to get the stretch? Just want to double confirm before i order anything.
Yes, as I said, 100% unmolested stock Savvy mid arm bracket kit was used. I laid out the location of the rear bracket on the frame and then did the frame cut in the middle of it so one end of the frame extension is inside the mount. It was fish plated on the inside of the frame spanning from butting up against the mid arm mount to 3" past the other frame joint.