Does anyone have experience with the 2" JKS lift kit?

BDP

Supporting Member
Does anyone have experience or input on the JKS 2" inch lift kit with fox adventure shocks? I am looking to install this kit with 31 inch tires on stock 15" wheels.

IMG_7143.png

I might add that I want to try & maintain the good ride that it has right now. I am thinking about going with the Firestone destination X/T. No off roading.

IMG_7081.jpeg

Springs make very little difference in ride quality. Shocks make essentially all of the ride quality. You might want to look around on the forum and compare the Fox shocks with Rancho RS5000X and Skyjacker Black Max and Bilstein and OME.

It isn't hard to get all of the parts individually, to make your own "kit". Get exactly what you want that way.

Reactions: JMT
Does anyone have experience or input on the JKS 2" inch lift kit with fox adventure shocks? I am looking to install this kit with 31 inch tires on stock 15" wheels.

View attachment 439447

I wouldn’t do that. At 3” why not go to 4”?

If you insist on a 3” do the Zone lift or follow the above link^^^.

The Fox Adventure shocks won’t ride well. They’ll be stiff and ride like a brick.

I did the 2" JSPEC lift with Fox 2.0 shocks years ago on my 2006 LJ. The ride was better than stock after I put on the lift kit. It does well off-road on 33" tires.

Springs make very little difference in ride quality. Shocks make essentially all of the ride quality. You might want to look around on the forum and compare the Fox shocks with Rancho RS5000X and Skyjacker Black Max and Bilstein and OME.

It isn't hard to get all of the parts individually, to make your own "kit". Get exactly what you want that way.

I was able to find the JKS kit without the shocks for $700.00. I think that is a good deal for what comes with it. I like their springs & the other components in the kit. Also found RS5000X shocks w/steering stabilizer for $290.00.

I was able to find the JKS kit without the shocks for $700.00. I think that is a good deal for what comes with it. I like their springs & the other components in the kit. Also found RS5000X shocks w/steering stabilizer for $290.00.

Your money…but I paid $600 in 2021 for the Rancho/Procomp combo. If you’re staying on 31s and not planning to off road, you don’t really need anything else. The Monroe stabilizer if you need a new one is 40-50 on Amazon/local parts store. No *need for adjustable track bar, control arms, or sway bar discos.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I was at about $315 black Friday deal- the JSPec springs- from JKS - zero complaints on that purchase. Just swapped in the Rancho 5000x and it rides very well. So I am all in for less than 650 without the sway bar disconnects.

I can get springs for $304 and four shocks for $240. Obviously, I don't need sway bar links that can be disconnected.

Do swaybar links need to be extended?

I am running the stock links without issue- heck I even ran the stock shocks with a small homemade spacer to extend for awhile. I get good articulation now -with the longer rancho shocks mounted- might be a little something that a corrected for lift end link on the swaybar could improve if you wanted to chase that- photo what it does now with the stock links.

IMG_3662.jpeg

The TC was dropped about 3/4" - 1" when the 3" JKS kit was installed. This year I removed the TC drop and installed the UCF (UCF077) skid plate along with the engine skid that does not require a body lift for a little more ground clearance.