Does anyone know if the front track bar in Savvy's full mid-arm kit is a standard Currie track bar?

sab

"Semper Discens"
Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know for certain whether or not the front track bar in Savvy's full mid-arm kit is a standard Currie track bar? I did search and found this post, and it's almost the answer I'm looking for ("usually" threw me off):

1642609615939.png

I'm wondering if the actual track bar provided by Savvy in their full kit is a standard Currie piece. Anyone know for sure?

The reason I'm asking is that my LJ build, in this supply-chain nightmare that we're in, is an opportunistic build. By that, I mean that I acquire parts immediately when I find them in stock, and this results in a very fluid build plan. My LJ has a Rubicon Express long arm lift on it from the previous owner, but I want to update to the Savvy mid-arm. I also want to update the stock steering to the Currectlync steering. In my build research, I discovered the history of the Savvy Ultimate tie-rod changing, and I was lamenting the fact that Savvy switched to aluminum. mrblaine's recent decision to build a batch of the 4340 tie-rods changed my plans a bit. Since there's a window of opportunity to acquire a tie-rod from him, I'm going to update the steering now and do the mid-arm kit later, rather than doing it all later. Since the Rubicon Express lift uses a shorter track bar with a drop bracket and a dropped Pitman arm, I need to go to a longer track bar and standard Pitman arm in order to update to the Currentlync steering system. I'm trying to determine what track bar the Savvy kit uses so that I can acquire one, and I'd call them directly to ask, but my calls/emails/texts to them have been as unreliable as many others (refer to the many "Savvy Customer Service" threads for more on that ;)).

Thanks for reading this!

sab

We are two weeks away from King of the Hammers, I’m sure Saavy has their hands full. I have put off contacting them until mid-February.

Reactions: sab
It's be willing to bet almost anything that the track bar included in the mid arm "kit" is the same Currie/Rock jock track bar you can get anywhere.

The mid arm is really an add on to a standard Currie 4" lift. The only thing to change are the control arms and backets.

We are two weeks away from King of the Hammers, I’m sure Saavy has their hands full. I have put off contacting them until mid-February.
Thanks, NskLJ! I'm aware of the KOHs activity, but I've several Savvy parts on the LJ already, all purchased over the last half year or so, and while KOHs is a definite distraction for them, they are a race team first, so they've never been super-responsive for me. Believe me, I have been in their shoes, so I don't fault them for working the way they do.

I know the Currie/RJ front track bar works perfectly well with the Savvy mid arm. I can't imagine Savvy would use anything else.

It's be willing to bet almost anything that the track bar included in the mid arm "kit" is the same Currie/Rock jock track bar you can get anywhere.

The mid arm is really an add on to a standard Currie 4" lift. The only thing to change are the control arms and backets.
Thanks, Mike_H. I've done quite a lot of research, and I'm also "willing to bet almost anything" that they supply a standard Currie track bar. However, I'm looking to take my odds from 99.9% to 100% by confirming this. ;)

I ordered my mid arm kit November 2020. It came with the standard TJ Rock Jock/Currie trackbar.

Went back and looked at some pictures. Part#CE-9120TJS was on the box.

Reactions: Crust and sab
^^ That's the one you want. You have to drill out the frame-side trackbar mount to accommodate the larger 5/8" bolt.