Does anyone own a Jeep Wrangler TJ Columbia Edition?

PokesPilot

Hello everyone!

I’m new to the forum, and new to “jeeping” in general, but an extremely excited to start. I am currently looking in investing in my first Jeep and as with any new interest, I have a few questions. Do any of you happen to own a Jeep Wrangler Columbia Edition? If so, I would love to ask you a few questions. Thanks in advance and happy trails!

The Columbia edition is nothing special, you can see the specs on what it includes here: Trim Packages and Special Editions

What questions did you have?

I think that is a rather negative and blunt answer for a special trim package that was only produced for 1 year.

When was the last time you saw an actual Columbia edition?

I think that is a rather negative and blunt answer for a special trim package that was only produced for 1 year.

What’s special about it? Some different seat covers, a badge?

In all fairness, I think Jeep is silly with all their special edition vehicles. The JKs have so many it’s nuts.

I’m simply pointing out that other than some simple cosmetics, it’s no different than any other TJ.

You might interpret that as negative, but that was not my intention at all.

As Chris said it is only basic cosmetic stuff, and nothing unique, not upgraded parts that you would find on a Rubicon, like the transfer case. Not saying it's bad, it's just not special.

No meanness here, just educating the OP bluntly.

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Welcome to the forum and the disease!
Just a warning about considering a TJ or, for that matter, almost any "hobby" vehicle to be an "investment". If you mean, investing in future fun and, maybe, family enjoyment, then yes, it can be a real investment. However, monetarily, they tend to be much more on the side of money pits than investments. We all love going broke feeding our need for more and better TJ parts and upgrades. That is what they really mean when they say "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:;)

Welcome to the forum and the disease!
Just a warning about considering a TJ or, for that matter, almost any "hobby" vehicle to be an "investment". If you mean, investing in future fun and, maybe, family enjoyment, then yes, it can be a real investment. However, monetarily, they tend to be much more on the side of money pits than investments. We all love going broke feeding our need for more and better TJ parts and upgrades. That is what they really mean when they say "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:;)

Yeah, the wave...it's not a "cool" thing, it's " Hey! your jeep is still running! So is mine!"
Its understood.

While we're on the subject of special editions and, for the sake of the OP, there were a few that are worth noting because they had or had the potential for, some actual meaningful mechanical differences. Again, use chris' excellent Trim Packages and Special Editions post as a detailed reference, but...
The SE. This was a base model that only came with the 4 cylinder engine (2.4L or 2.5L) which, for a dedicated off-road vehicle, is not a huge deal but, for a daily driver, they just don't have the power to go highways speeds; especially if you go with oversized tires.
The Sahara editions. These had the OPTION for a Dana 44 rear axle and, from what I have seen in for-sale listing, many of them did. They also had fender flares that were painted the body color (certainly cosmetic, but a popular thing).
The Unlimited (a.k.a. LJ) edition/version. Made from 2004 to 2006, these are highly prized as, due to their longer wheelbase, they can hold more, tow more, and are better for setting up for overlanding. They are also better in certain circumstances off-road...a big point of debate :)
The Golden Eagle, Rocky Mountain, and 65th Anniversary Editions all had Dana 44 rear axles.
The Rubicon version. Only available from 2003 to 2006, these are a major mechanical/offroad upgrade. They came with larger tires/wheels, 4.10 differential gear ratio, 4:1 ratio transfer case, minor rocker armor, and electronically-lockable Dana 44 axles in both rear and front.
And, finally, what is considered by many to be the ultimate "Holy Grail" of TJs; the Unlimited Rubicon or LJR. This version, only available from 2004 to 2006, had all of the attributes/upgrades of the Rubicon and was based on the longer Unlimited/LJ chassis.

Reactions: inkedrose
I have the seats and almost bought the decals once, does that count? The 2004 Wrangler is a really great year so you can't go wrong looking for a Columbia, just don't overpay for one.
So whats a fair price for a Columbia with around 100k, automatic soft top? Looking for my teen...thanks!!!

The Columbia edition generally isn't worth anything more than a regular TJ. It really is just like a different color Jeep and nothing more.

I have a extremely limited edition 1941 Tribute Jeep. Try and find one of those!
Wow guys, look! It's the uber exclusive 2016 TJ! Complete with the carbon fiber, aluminum, and filth interior! ;)

Looks like you had just driven through a mile of coal tailings right before you took that pic :unsure: :LOL:

Last edited:
What’s special about it? Some different seat covers, a badge?

In all fairness, I think Jeep is silly with all their special edition vehicles. The JKs have so many it’s nuts.

I’m simply pointing out that other than some simple cosmetics, it’s no different than any other TJ.

You might interpret that as negative, but that was not my intention at all.
I agree with you on this.
My '14 JK is "Oscar-Mike" Edition. What the hell is that kind of edition (means on the go) ?
My TJs are Sport & Sahara, at least there is a bit of class to it.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt