Does anyone recognize these headlights from my crude drawing?

DeltaNu1142

TJ Enthusiast
I was over at a salvage yard this week, and they have a few TJs. I'm picking over the Flame Red '97 for some parts, and one of the guys there told me they have a beige one I should look at. It had (obviously aftermarket) headlights that look something like this:

Headlight.png

Does that look familiar to anyone? They appear to be LEDs. I don't like the look, but if they're good headlights I thought I'd make an offer on them until I can get something better.

Incidentally... if you're in NH and are looking for a hooped stubby front bumper and a Warn winch (steel), they're also selling that off the beige one.

I put those on mine. I know they’re nothing fancy but boy are they an improvement over stock! I have been totally happy with them.

Reactions: DeltaNu1142
Looks like a quadratec logo
I thought it might be.
Quadratec. Previous owner installed them on my LJ. They seem to work fine and materially brighter than stock.
OK, thanks!
I put those on mine. I know they’re nothing fancy but boy are they an improvement over stock! I have been totally happy with them.
Nice - I'll get a quote on them. If I can get them cheap, I'll use them for the time being.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Apparition
they’re alright … it depends what you’re looking for.
They’re like the Applebees of Jeep parts. Reliably decent stuff for fair prices. It’s great if your other options are lacking - but in many cases there are far better options. 😁
For headlights I decided Applebees was plenty good for what I was looking for. For suspension parts I had a hankering for some Currie!

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
The name brand stuff they sell is obviously as good as it is from any other retailer. But stuff that they brand as “Quadratec” brand is going to be on the lower end of quality and performance. Not the worst, but not great, usually at an appealing price though. They probably target whatever will sell the most to put their brand on.

I’m not trying to trash them; for certain things they’re great and add a lot of value putting together decent kits/parts and putting some customer service behind it.
But for things like their suspensions for example, if you do the research you can piece together parts that better suit your needs for the same or less money. If you don’t have time or desire to do the research then their kits are a good option

Being in Maine, when you have the money for something decent you could support a local establishment and give Offroad Elements a call. Great people, great customer service, and big supporters of the offroad community here in New England.

Most here are overlooking the advantage of seeking out local venders, in all my experiences so far I've gotten a far superior part made in the good ol US that's built to last vs the cheap garbage that comes from quadrasucks.
Pay once...

Reactions: Granite
Being in Maine, when you have the money for something decent you could support a local establishment and give Offroad Elements a call. Great people, great customer service, and big supporters of the offroad community here in New England.
I'm a fan of buying local. If I can find a place locally that can supply some Retrobrights, that's where I'll go.

What’s wrong with quadratec? They make pretty good stuff last time I brought from them🤷🏻‍♂️

IMO, they sell the stuff from the places that pay them the most and advertise it like it's the best.
In reality, it's stuff you don't really need or there is a better product out there if you do the research.

Reactions: Granite