Does my pinion angle look to low

Claybirdd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I removed my 1" TC drop this morning and wanted to get you guys opinion on my pinion angle. I get no vibrations up to 60 mph.

However I ran into an issue with my shifter hitting the console in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear. So should I add back some washers to drop the TC till I get clearance for the shifter and adjust pinion, or modify the console?

20220514_083749.jpg

20220514_084219.jpg

If it’s running well with no vibes - definitely modify the console to clear the shifter.

I removed my 1" TC drop this morning and wanted to get you guys opinion on my pinion angle. I get no vibrations up to 60 mph.

However I ran into an issue with my shifter hitting the console in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear. So should I add back some washers to drop the TC till I get clearance for the shifter and adjust pinion, or modify the console?

View attachment 330492

View attachment 330493
Do not modify the console, just bend the shifter. You can't modify that console to work unless you want to hack a big fucking hole in the shift boot or run without it and still have a big fucking hole.

Do not modify the console, just bend the shifter. You can't modify that console to work unless you want to hack a big fucking hole in the shift boot or run without it and still have a big fucking hole.
That's the kind of answer I was really looking for. 😆 thank you sir!

View attachment 330492

View attachment 330493
You better start listening to your wife before posting. :love:
p.s. My wife's birthday is tomorrow, so I'll be broke until Christmas.....2024.🥳

• Haha
Reactions: Claybirdd

Pinion is a little low.
I dropped the TC a little less than a half inch and it is perfectly in line now. Also removed the bolt that holds the shifter on which was hitting the console and put two 1/4-20 set screws in the side which solved that problem. It's been a good day. Just have to hook my thumb throttle back up.

Reactions: Blackjack