Doing some updates

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
Plus I'm doing some updating to my 2004 Jeep, tires, fenders, front and rear bumpers.

Day one changed out the rear control arms, the old bushings were dry rotted. I checked everything under the Jeep I decided to order the front control arms, figured it wouldn't hurt. The tie rods, ball joints are all good.

Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

Jeep4.jpg

Just removed my colored halo headlights, I replaced them with Hella H4 Headlights, now I'm legal. Well nothing is easy for me so of course there was issues. Since my hands are useless (Tremors) I had my Brother in-law help me. The right side blinker on the dash was going a 100 miles an hour, one headlight was dim, the other one was fine. Then it hit me, dummy its always the ground. He ran a new ground wire all is good now.

I'm waiting for my front control arms, and bushings to arrive. that is the next step.

Last edited:
Any warpage to the fender from the heat process of powder coating?
Nope, when I ordered a pair of fenders they sent three. So first I tried to send one back, they didn't care so I wasn't going to beg. When I got the two powder coated fenders back I compared the before and after.

The before fender was flexible, the powder coated ones were very stiff. He had put on multiple coats, so it should last longer than the rest of the Jeep.

I just got my new front control arms and bushings so hopefully I'll get them on this weekend.

Both fenders are off, went to put the upper and lower front control arms on, they sent me two left control arms.

I knew the bottom of the windshield frame was rusted just didn't know how bad. I bought a repair panel, now I'm going to cut out the bad parts. The rust didn't spread to other areas, thankfully. When/if this Jeep is ever put back together, I never want to deal with another torx screw again

IMG_20201113_134007195.jpg

IMG_20201113_140531686.jpg

panel.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Alex01
I bought the 20lb sandblaster from harbor freight. We couldn't figure out why it wasn't working then after watching a few YouTube videos it worked great.

Not enough CFM's so we put two compressors together with a tee. Plus the fittings are to far in cutting off the flow, so put more tape on the threads, and backed it off.

Fifty pound bags of black blasting abrasive from Tractor Supply for $9.99 a bag. We also took all of the brackets off the fenders, blasted them then primed and painted.

Reactions: Alex01 and TWiG01