Door Limiting Straps

Mudflap

I had some adjustable door limiting strap on my Jeep and it recently snapped. On Amazon and eBay I'm just finding a bunch of generic replacements with reviews saying they snapped. I also looked at some paracord ones that looked cool but not sure how well the "non-adjustability" is. Just wondering what kind of luck anyone might have had with some different types, thanks!

ha, mine just snapped a couple weeks ago, but it snapped on the tub side so I just moved it to the next loop. The door opens a little farther but it still doesn't hit so I guess I'll rock it for awhile. I actually have an extra, because the driver side snapped last year and I bought a replacement, but it's partner is buried in my Jeep parts tub and I haven't had the motivation to dig it out.

Driver’s side was broken when I bought it.
I had some double sided Velcro strips, maybe 3/4” wide. Just looped it in and it’s fully adjustable.
It’s been so good for the last year and a half that I haven’t bothered to fix it proper.

I bought a couple of different brands of nylon straps and they didn't last long. I'm sure there are better quality ones than what I bought. I then made a few sets out of paracord for my TJ & LJ. I made a simple jig so I can get a consistent length and speed up the process - good to have a third hand. It's adjustable and I've also used it for zipper pulls and handles. These are very inexpensive to make.

2019-01-06 12.34.11.jpg

I stitched a few out of nylon webbing I found at a local fabric store, they look stock and have held up fine for years. You just make a loop and layer both ends and then stitch a big square and with an X in the middle where everything overlaps. Any regular sewing machine can do it if you have access or know somebody.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
Strapworks in Eugene, OR has a great supply of...well...straps...I order all my tubular nylon webbing from them for rescue flip lines.

Betcha they have something you can use...and they have grab bags of scraps for cheap.

-Mac

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
I had some adjustable door limiting strap on my Jeep and it recently snapped. On Amazon and eBay I'm just finding a bunch of generic replacements with reviews saying they snapped. I also looked at some paracord ones that looked cool but not sure how well the "non-adjustability" is. Just wondering what kind of luck anyone might have had with some different types, thanks!
Mudflap

Don’t laugh
But,
I’m using dog collars , the webbed flat strap kind ,purchased at the local dollar store
• make certain NOT to buy the “el cheapo” style with plastic clips

Lol

Seriously ,
it’s working and it’s very reasonable priced

DETOUR

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

I ordered mine from Jeephardware.com

@Chris introduced them as a vendor (@Jeep Hardware ). The pair was $8. Work great. several holes for adjustability.

Can't really say how tough they are. I am careful opening the doors in the wind.

Reactions: Chris