Doors stuck on won't come off?

So I unscrewed the nuts on the doors and I can’t lift the damn doors off even with my wife and I pulling up!
Any recommendations?
Apply penetrating oil. Work the doors back and forth to let the oil penetrate down. Then apply more. Start working the door back and forth again while lifting. As soon as you have a little gap, apply more oil. Lubrication and working pressure up should solve the issue.

Apply penetrating oil. Work the doors back and forth to let the oil penetrate down. Then apply more. Start working the door back and forth again while lifting. As soon as you have a little gap, apply more oil. Lubrication and working pressure up should solve the issue.
Sounds good will wd40 work the same? Save me a trip to the store

WD40 will likely work. Try it and see. The main thing is to get some sort of lube down into and between the gudgeons and pintles so they will start to slide as you apply the upward pressure and work the hinges back and forth.

Reactions: Zaythedad
It should but overall WD40 is a pretty poor penetrating oil. My 04 doors had never been off and in 2016 it took two or three days of oil, exercise, repeat until they came loose.

Lol..I remember that job.. I ended up using a air hammer on the pin from below to vibrate it, but have to be careful not to mushroom the pins.

After it was done the insert bushings were junk and I purchased new good quality bushings.. come out way easier now..

Yes, oil as above and keep working it..

Yea let em soak for a few days if it takes that long. Unstrap the doors and swing them as wide as you can and keep pulling up as you move the door back and forth. Hand placement needs to be below the mirror, grab towards the front. It’s a bitch if they haven’t been off in years lol.

Make sure you have a good grip on the doors and be ready for them to pop out.
My doors didn’t want to come off. I was trying with all my force then I hit the sweet spot and all of a sudden they came off flying and now I have a bent door.

If the WD40 does not work, get a can of Kroil (online if necessary) and use that on the hinges before trying anything drastic. Do not use a floor jack, there's too much risk of bending the doors.

I was in the same boat so I got a buddys help to pull up and twist as hard as we could. I have an 03 and i dont think the previous owner had ever taken the doors off before me. Just watch your face when pulling them off my buddy got a fat lip on the first one. Get some new bushings because mine were ruined. I ended up buying some new bottom hinges because the original bushings were not coming out with the hammer and punch and I ended up mangling the hing. Probably better off if you use a press. Good luck

I put some PB Blaster on my pins and just forgot about it for a few days. After that they came right off. Now everything that goes back on the Jeep gets white lithium grease applied to the threads or pins or what have you. The PO obviously left my Jeep out in the rain. The seat bolts were held solid by rust. Rest of the Jeep has no rust. Just these bolts in the tub. I had to do the same thing with PB Blaster. Put it on and forget about it. A few days later they were still a bitch to get out. But they came out. Got tendonitis in my elbow from cranking on them so hard. lol.