Double DIN stereo suggestions?

QpsEtop.jpg
I normally opt for higher end components but for the Jeep I just threw a BOSS in to avoid the attraction of thieves.

Plus I dont like wireless Carplay, so this is wired. Keep in mind I also put in a 600W Rockville amp in my center console, 5.25 POLK components in dash, 6.5” SKAR audio in the rollbar, and self powered 10” powered Rockville sub on the tailgate

I believe my total cost ran ~<$1000 which is cheap
Sound is pretty heavy and awesome
Ya need components and a sub

XIThaQt.jpg

l8Pzzzo.jpg

unr8D5Z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
I have this set up and love it!

View attachment 510192

I ended up getting a Sony in my 04 Sahara because the Alpine was $150 more at the time. Do wish I got the Alpine. Though it's going to my son in a year, so decided to save some money. When I get the radio replaced in my LJ, probably go with an Alpine. I've had pretty much nothing but Alpine since the late 80's and never been disappointed.

My only complaint about the Sony is that sometimes it doesn't connect to my phone and I have to mess with it. This continued after I bought a new phone a few months ago. I used to have a Samsung S20 and now have a Pixel 8. Now I would also want one with wireless car play.

I ended up getting a Sony in my 04 Sahara because the Alpine was $150 more at the time. Do wish I got the Alpine. Though it's going to my son in a year, so decided to save some money. When I get the radio replaced in my LJ, probably go with an Alpine. I've had pretty much nothing but Alpine since the late 80's and never been disappointed.

My only complaint about the Sony is that sometimes it doesn't connect to my phone and I have to mess with it. This continued after I bought a new phone a few months ago. I used to have a Samsung S20 and now have a Pixel 8. Now I would also want one with wireless car play.

There is a newer version of the Alpine that has wireless car play I believe. I don't mind the wire as it recharges the phone too.

I wired it into the dash:

1710709685378.jpeg

I recently installed this new model JVC, with wireless CarPlay. love it so far, not one complaint. Install was pretty straightforward , I used crutchfields Prewired harness option, Had to make one cut behind the dash, but that was easy. here's a couple pics.
View attachment 407306

View attachment 407307https://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWM785B/JVC-KW-.html.

Go throw an egg at your neighbor's PT Cruiser. It is bad and he is bad, and he deserves to be taught a lesson for his poor life choices.

View attachment 510166I normally opt for higher end components but for the Jeep I just threw a BOSS in to avoid the attraction of thieves.

Plus I dont like wireless Carplay, so this is wired. Keep in mind I also put in a 600W Rockville amp in my center console, 5.25 POLK components in dash, 6.5” SKAR audio in the rollbar, and self powered 10” powered Rockville sub on the tailgate

I believe my total cost ran ~<$1000 which is cheap
Sound is pretty heavy and awesome
Ya need components and a sub

View attachment 510167

View attachment 510169

View attachment 510168

Can I ask
Original boot.... it's ripped a little and I haven't found a suitable replacement either.

I've tried 3 and the new shifter for the tr6060 doesn't make life easier

If you don't curse, or know how, you're not allowed to own a jeep. I think @AndyG might have a rule about it in the bylaws.🤷

Yes that is covered in the behavior section-

We had to subdivide so that we are fair to everybody-

1. Professing Christians

2. Atheist

3. Complete hypocrites

4. People that are still searching

5. Just plain old sinners- This is also known as the anything goes category

- Then we get into allowable phrases in the company of adults and when alone.

Most people that haven’t had a jeep before get a free pass for six months.

Yes that is covered in the behavior section-

We had to subdivide so that we are fair to everybody-

1. Professing Christians

2. Atheist

3. Complete hypocrites

4. People that are still searching

5. Just plain old sinners- This is also known as the anything goes category

- Then we get into allowable phrases in the company of adults and when alone.

Most people that haven’t had a jeep before get a free pass for six months.

I'm pretty sure I'm covered in the complete hypocrites part 😜