DRB III Emulator in a Virtual Machine

Hi, I got the DRB3 emulator running in a fashion-sorry to that it doesn’t find any modules. Alright, I have my PCM on my workbench and probably have missed some connection that is neccessary. Now this is from a 2000 Jeep WJ so I’m not familliar with the differences between TJ and WJ.
Someone hopefully is and can explain what I have missed. My diy harness is as follow.

DLC pin 2 (PCI) goes to C3 pin 30
DLC pins 4,5 (ground) goes to C1 pins 4,31,32
DLC pins 6,14 (SCI receive) goes to C3 pin 29
DLC pin 7 (SCI transmit) goes to C3 pin 27
DLC pin.9 (BMC flash enable) NC
DLC pin 16 (Fused B+) goes to C1 pin 22

So, what else is needed? I reckon that connectin B+ is the same as power on (ignition on?) - or maybe I missunderstod that. Well, I might have understod wrongly how to interpret the connector pin drawings and have connected it all backwards! So please feel free to correct me…

View attachment 489184

I keep getting this:
1704730374492.png

Maybe my donator PCM is either dead or my connections are totally out of scheme... How can I tell that ignition is on tinkering with it on my workbench? Do I need to put +5v on some pin to awaking it?

I keep getting this:
View attachment 489529

Maybe my donator PCM is either dead or my connections are totally out of scheme... How can I tell that ignition is on tinkering with it on my workbench? Do I need to put +5v on some pin to awaking it?

Post a diagram of all of your connections. I wired up an OBDII connector to a PCM on my workbench and got it to work - just required the data bus connections (there are more than one) and 12V power. Andy

Thanks andya for looking into this- drives me nuts…

DLC = ODB2 connector.

DLC pin 2 (PCI) goes to C3 pin 30
DLC pins 4,5 (ground) goes to C1 pins 4,31,32
DLC pins 6,14 (SCI receive) goes to C3 pin 29
DLC pin 7 (SCI transmit) goes to C3 pin 27
DLC pin.9 (BMC flash enable) NC
DLC pin 16 (Fused B+) goes to C1 pin 22

So, what am I missing or got totally wrong?

We will have some sunny days in the weekend so I will connect this donor PCM to my Jeep to see what it says. I do believe that there is a problem with the cabling in the passanger door as it sounds strange when using the remote to lock the door. I often find that the door is still not locked when it should be. So I will disengage that module before testing anything else and take care of any malfunction in the door module later.

Last edited:
Post a diagram of all of your connections. I wired up an OBDII connector to a PCM on my workbench and got it to work - just required the data bus connections (there are more than one) and 12V power. Andy

Right andya - I have described my connections in both text and hires picture - your turn to show your working setup.

Regards / Turbon

I looked but I can't find my wiring diagram, all I have is the wiring harness I made. I only used connector C1 and I took the connections from the factory manual wiring diagrams. For communicating with the PCM all that is needed is the PCI bus. My PCM is a known working PCM. Andy

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

Reactions: Jamison C
Video of me using the DRBIII emulator to wait for the engine to warm up, looking at the evap purge values, running an evap purge test and looking at the diagnostic trouble codes.

Andy

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I connected battery, ground and PCI to skim and pcm. Made a scan with the DRB3 emulator for modules and it found Pcm and skim. But when I go into the engine diagnostics - it doesn’t find the engine controller.
Has this to be done with the pcm connected in the car?

So I got the soldering done and now i have access to all the modules that I've tried. The only issue I have is reading DTCs. It freezes up each time I try. Is this a known flaw?