Driveshaft angle pic

MML is the best solution if you're not wanting to lose clearance. Brown Dog or MORE are good choices. I have Brown Dog ($115). If you only do the MML, you'll have to raise the fan shroud 1". If you do a 1" BL too, you won't have to do that. Actually, both mods would be good for your setup, allowing more room for bigger tires (which you are looking at, you could do the 32x11.5's) and getting more clearance at your oil pan as well as solving your driveline vibes (Performance Accessories and Savvy are good).

But, if you want to know if the driveline is causing the vibes, do a simple TCase drop just as a check, should cost sub $10
Roger that @JMT , I remember looking at your mml and fan shroud.
And.btw you keep suggesting 32" shoes, I may have to check out 32s. Have not done that and thanks for your input :)
Decisions, decisions. Jeeps r fun !

Roger that @JMT , I remember looking at your mml and fan shroud.
And.btw you keep suggesting 32" shoes, I may have to check out 32s. Have not done that and thanks for your input :)
Decisions, decisions. Jeeps r fun !
Another option is 1” MM spacers, just $79. I think Savvy sells some. You just mount your existing motor mounts to them

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
Yup, motor mount spacers.
I think they just slide between the stock motor mount and frame.
I don't see them mentioned much but it's an option
Brown Dog and MORE are beefier than the stock mounts, making them more reliable in off-road situations, but if you think the stock are sufficient for your application, the spacers are fine

One question I have for TJ aficionados - in viewing the photo just posted above, you can see that installing an SYE would lengthen the rear drive shaft considerably. Wouldn't that soften up the TC angle, just by having a longer drive shaft? I guess I am wondering why you have to add a CV drive shaft...
Your question makes sense @glwood , a longer driveshaft should have less vibes

One question I have for TJ aficionados - in viewing the photo just posted above, you can see that installing an SYE would lengthen the rear drive shaft considerably. Wouldn't that soften up the TC angle, just by having a longer drive shaft? I guess I am wondering why you have to add a CV drive shaft...
Yes, especially if he went with a SS SYE like JB Conversions. That would allow for an even longer drive shaft and might eliminate vibes. I've seen this Jeep. I'm surprised it has vibes at that lift height as it sits, but nevertheless, our TJ's are finicky, so you just never know. That would be a $500-600 fix.

I still like the MML paired with a BL and call it done with the 4-angry squirrels. Then you could run 32's and it would look meaner. All in at $300

Yes, especially if he went with a SS SYE like JB Conversions. That would allow for an even longer drive shaft and might eliminate vibes. I've seen this Jeep. I'm surprised it has vibes at that lift height as it sits, but nevertheless, our TJ's are finicky, so you just never know. That would be a $500-600 fix.

I still like the MML paired with a BL and call it done with the 4-angry squirrels. Then you could run 32's and it would look meaner. All in at $300

Personally I would rather run a SYE than a body lift. I am not saying it is better or worse, but my personal opinion for 200 bucks more I would do the SYE.

To me the MML changes the geometry of the stick shift, but SYE leaves everything in place. I had to many problems with the TC drop of which I imagine is not much different than a MML in that respect.

Plus the other advantage to a SYE is if you do blow the rear drive line for some reason you can still drive home. That is important to me, since I travel alone most of the time.

I honestly can't say anything about the MML as I don't have personal experience with it, but I do understand the logic of it.

Just my .02 FWIW

Reactions: KCsTJ and glwood
Personally I would rather run a SYE than a body lift. I am not saying it is better or worse, but my personal opinion for 200 bucks more I would do the SYE.

To me the MML changes the geometry of the stick shift, but SYE leaves everything in place. I had to many problems with the TC drop of which I imagine is not much different than a MML in that respect.

Plus the other advantage to a SYE is if you do blow the rear drive line for some reason you can still drive home. That is important to me, since I travel alone most of the time.

I honestly can't say anything about the MML as I don't have personal experience with it, but I do understand the logic of it.

Just my .02 FWIW
MML corrects the geometry of the drive train up to about 2.5” of lift. They couple well w a BL and are necessary for a full TT. For what the OP is doing with this Jeep, I’m not convinced he needs an SYE, but it’s his decision. Last I heard he wants a 4.0 L to really build up

MML corrects the geometry of the drive train up to about 2.5” of lift. They couple well w a BL and are necessary for a full TT. For what the OP is doing with this Jeep, I’m not convinced he needs an SYE, but it’s his decision. Last I heard he wants a 4.0 L to really build up

But doesn't it tip the drive train where as to lower your stick shift? I guess I didn't consider it might be an auto. and may not make a difference, but if it is a stick shift I think it will change the shift geometry. Or at least the trans drop did for me, but I assumed the MML technically does the same thing without dropping the skid.

It is all preference. My Girlfriends TJ has a 3 inch lift, and stock control arms and has an obnoxious TC drop. I hate the way it shifts. I tell her I will put an SYE in for her, and it will shift into 2nd and reverse better, She says she likes the way it drives. but it drives me crazy.

But doesn't it tip the drive train where as to lower your stick shift? I guess I didn't consider it might be an auto. and may not make a difference, but if it is a stick shift I think it will change the shift geometry. Or at least the trans drop did for me, but I assumed the MML technically does the same thing without dropping the skid.

It is all preference. My Girlfriends TJ has a 3 inch lift, and stock control arms and has an obnoxious TC drop. I hate the way it shifts. I tell her I will put an SYE in for her, and it will shift into 2nd and reverse better, She says she likes the way it drives. but it drives me crazy.
You know more than I ac! I think it raises the engine and transmission so that it lowers the TCase output. The effect on the shifter on my manual is it has moved it backward so that it is dangerously close to the bezel. This can be fixed by a number of methods. I did not notice it moving lower, but it makes sense and may have slipped by me..

Reactions: ac_ and KCsTJ
You heard well @JMT, I'm still looking for a 4.0. May have to wait till I sell the house, soon..

Good points @ac_ and @JMT. Thanks for the input, I will consider all the above and move forward $$$ willing :)

Reactions: ac_
The mml lifts the shifter, very slightly. The tc drop would lower it. I went mml so I didn't lose any precious ground clearance being on 31's. Worked for 80 bucks, JKS blocks.

Reactions: ac_ and KCsTJ
MML got rid of all of my vibes, and my front is at 3”

You have to think of the engine / transmission combo as a lever, with the fulcrum at the transmission mount. Lifting the engine through the mounts an inch will top the whole lever up. Since the gear shift lever is in front of the mount, it will raise an amount less than 1". If you wanted to measure the length, you could use trig or ratios to calculate exactly how much.

@JMT the mml is probably the reason your not crashing into your shift bezel.

@ac_ since the tcase is behind the fulcrum point, it is relatively lower, again, not a whole inch, but by some amount less than an inch...

I'm running a body lift and mml. No shifter issues at all. No slip yoke either, since I have a Rubicon.

Reactions: ac_, KCsTJ and JMT