Drivetrain Vibration

Jwhite

Hi everyone. I just had a 2.5 inch lift installed. I am getting some vibrations starting around 75-80mph and I am thinking I need to do a transfer case drop kit. Does that sound right?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Hi everyone. I just had a 2.5 inch lift installed. I am getting some vibrations starting around 75-80mph and I am thinking I need to do a transfer case drop kit. Does that sound right?

The vibrations are felt through the wheel and the pedals

2.5" and up usually always need a tcase drop, even my 2" did. Through the steering wheel is normally a sign of an imperfect tire balance, my guess is you have two issues. One to be fixed by dropping the t-case an inch and the other by a more attentive tire guy on the balancing machine.

2.5" and up usually always need a tcase drop, even my 2" did. Through the steering wheel is normally a sign of an imperfect tire balance, my guess is you have two issues. One to be fixed by dropping the t-case an inch and the other by a more attentive tire guy on the balancing machine.

I’ll take it on the highway to confirm it’s also through the wheel. Thanks Jerry!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford