Drying off

I did this in the back... I never pull the mats.
DSC_0015.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
this was mine yesterday morning, for a second I thought I saw some Koi swim by my foot
048.JPG

But seriously, I've never had water in there like that, just got caught in a torrential downpour that lasted a few hours while I was in the mountains & when I went to pop the plugs out I realized they weren't coming out, when the prior owner bedlinered the entire thing they were pretty much stuck in there so that's something I've got to address now for future use.

Anyway to answer your actual question, after I got home & vacuumed all the remaining water out then let it sit in the sun & popped a box fan in the back pointed at the seats & just let it rip back there until this morning, air circulation is a good thing when water is involved; after I wheel it I always wash it & flush the frame out & when I get home I turn two box fans on underneath aimed into the frame just in case there's any residual water or moisture in there, so this is kinda like that...

You could always use a shop-vac to speed up the process I suppose? Same thing happened to me a while back but instead I just couldn't get out to get the soft top up fast enough... Sun cooked it nice and dry the next day. You should look into the tj covers, I just picked one up. You can throw it on if you don't have a soft top in case you are a little worried about rain.

You should look into the tj covers, I just picked one up. You can throw it on if you don't have a soft top in case you are a little worried about rain.

I have a bestop trail cover that I got from the previous owner. I was just dumb and didn't look at the forecast.