DylanM345 build

Thanks. Slow but steady, just stockpiling the new parts. Plans are currently to midarm the front with the new axle, get it regeared with new 35"ko2s, then stretch and midarm the rear. Still need lots of stuff lol

Sounds like a solid plan. I'm starting to gather parts for a 6" stretch as well but it seems like such a pita since I already have the rear midarm brackets mounted were the stretch goes.

Sounds like a solid plan. I'm starting to gather parts for a 6" stretch, LS, Tons, 40s...
Another one gone!
IMG_2198.gif

Sounds like a solid plan. I'm starting to gather parts for a 6" stretch as well but it seems like such a pita since I already have the rear midarm brackets mounted were the stretch goes.

What’s your fuel tank solution?

I haven't acquired anything yet. But hopefully, a crawler tank or something similar will pop up on the used market. I'm not in any rush

Check the facebook crawler groups I saw one not too long ago for 900, 20 gallon comp tank. Also for your plan of six inches of stretch I would recommend leaving an inch or two for tons, that way you don't have to reinvent the wheel (I don't see you sticking with rubi 44s forever lol). I was able to get 5.5 inches of rear stretch with plenty of room set aside even if I decided to run a 14 bolt lol. I also usually hate the look of a comp cut so I left plenty of room for 37s or 38s without having to go to a comp cut.

Edit: and find a smog guy who is easy on visual if you have it in your county. One guy wouldn't pass my genright tank, my solution was to take is somewhere else rattlecanned black and artificially smeared with mud.

IMG_9197.jpg

I haven't acquired anything yet. But hopefully, a crawler tank or something similar will pop up on the used market. I'm not in any rush

Ill probably end up doing the same, but I may or may not have found a decade old thread on pirate about modifying the stock tank for a mini stretch in the meantime🤫

Check the facebook crawler groups I saw one not too long ago for 900, 20 gallon comp tank. Also for your plan of six inches of stretch I would recommend leaving an inch or two for tons, that way you don't have to reinvent the wheel (I don't see you sticking with rubi 44s forever lol). I was able to get 5.5 inches of rear stretch with plenty of room set aside even if I decided to run a 14 bolt lol. I also usually hate the look of a comp cut so I left plenty of room for 37s or 38s without having to go to a comp cut.

Edit: and find a smog guy who is easy on visual if you have it in your county. One guy wouldn't pass my genright tank, my solution was to take is somewhere else rattlecanned black and artificially smeared with mud.

View attachment 440903

Good call. Comp cut isn't my thing either. I still have a few parts to acquire to I'd be lucky if it happened this winter. Likely be a year or so out.

Ill probably end up doing the same, but I may or may not have found a decade old thread on pirate about modifying the stock tank for a mini stretch in the meantime🤫

🧐 I can’t see that.

How much do you mean by mini?

🧐 I can’t see that.

How much do you mean by mini?

I know a guy who heated the tank up with a hot air gun and reformed the tank and skid to gain a couple inches of stretch. Iirc, he used a press to form the skid around his axles, then used that assembly to hold the shape in the tank until the plastic cooled enough to hold its shape.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT and D M
I know a guy who heated the tank up with a hot air gun and reformed the tank and skid to gain a couple inches of stretch. Iirc, he used a press to form the skid around his axles, then used that assembly to hold the shape in the tank until the plastic cooled enough to hold its shape.

Thats exactly what they did in the thread, its bookmarked on my computer-am on my phone. Its a pretty cool construct imo

Reactions: Wildman and Mike_H