Early Savvy Tummy Tuck Installation Help

SkylinesSuck

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Installing my new to me Savvy Tummy Tuck on my '98 with a manual transmission. I'm just at the point of mocking things up to make sure everything is right and see what I'll have to clearance. NP231 btw. This bolt nub looking thing seems like it should be over in this cutout in the crossmember, doesn't it? It's making slight contact as is. Maybe I just need to ratchet the sh!t out of the ass end of the transfer case and move it over? Maybe something else is going on. Thoughts?

PXL_20210520_204514895.jpg

PXL_20210520_204453778.jpg

@Irun

That's that I was getting at I guess. So it's not centered and I need to just man up and drag it's ass over more to put that nub in the cutout area, right?

Reactions: Apparition
Do the bolt holes for the transmission mount not line up with the bushings with that bolt in the recessed area of the crossmember? I’ve never seen the “early” version, but I assume it’s kinda similar to the current version.

Do the bolt holes for the transmission mount not line up with the bushings with that bolt in the recessed area of the crossmember? I’ve never seen the “early” version, but I assume it’s kinda similar to the current version.
That aspect is the same. There are slots in the trans mount adapter that allow it to move back and forth to line up with the pinion.

That's that I was getting at I guess. So it's not centered and I need to just man up and drag it's ass over more to put that nub in the cutout area, right?
I had one that I ratchet strapped over and played with alignment for multiple days, loosened the motor mounts, etc, that I could not align the knob with that notch.

Ideally you can get it aligned, but it's possible that your frame is bent enough that you just need to get your grinder out..