Early Steering Wheel Airbag on 2000

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Would an early airbag that has the circle in the middle fit and plug into my 2000 steering wheel directly? I have no cruise control so no issue of missing button provisions. Its a stupid reason, but it just looks better than the 2000 airbag that looks like a beer gut in my face.

97355B6A-33D0-46EB-B2D0-67CAEA88D9B2.jpeg

You will need to look at your year Air Bag harness and Air Bag then compare to confirm whether they will or wont be a plug and play.
I would suspect the earlier years would not be a plug and play....

Would an early airbag that has the circle in the middle fit and plug into my 2000 steering wheel directly? I have no cruise control so no issue of missing button provisions. Its a stupid reason, but it just looks better than the 2000 airbag that looks like a beer gut in my face.

View attachment 317206
The steering wheel itself is different correct?

The steering wheel itself is different correct?

Thats what I dont know. They look the same but I do not have an early wheel or airbag to put side by side. Domt want to spend $100 to find out I cant use it for its intended purpose. Could maybe use the airbage to launch a tire for shits and giggles if it does not work out.

Thats what I dont know. They look the same but I do not have an early wheel or airbag to put side by side. Domt want to spend $100 to find out I cant use it for its intended purpose. Could maybe use the airbage to launch a tire for shits and giggles if it does not work out.
Looking on ebay I see alot of steering wheels listed as 1997-2002 so maybe not?