Easiest Smallest Removable Side Steps

TitanFlyer

I just got my 2005 TJ Rubicon home last night from a few hours away. The drive was nerve wracking as it has some steering wobble and occasionally gets pretty damn close to a death wobble, but I will figure that out soon. I am putting new tires on it next week as they don’t have a ton of tread left on them and figured I would just get new ones and have them balanced etc to see if that is the issue.

Anyway, the Rubicon is lifted 2.5 inches and has 33 inch tires on it. As you know, this makes it REALLY hard for little ones and shorter people to get into the jeep. I don’t want side steps on it as it won’t be good for wheeling, but i do want side steps on it that I can quickly remove, maybe even tool-less install and removal. Does anything like that exist in the world of jeeps? I did some research and couldn’t find anything. I already have rock sliders on it that have a bar at the up angle, so might need to identify those to see if they can be bought or built.

Thanks.

5.25 lift and 35's here. I bought some stirrups and nylon strap and made a set of stirrups for the jeep. They tuck between the tub and the seat bracket when not in use.

Together with a set of grab bars, they make getting in and out easy for shorter people. My wife loves riding horses, so they are second nature for her to use.

20220828_165207.jpg

We have this in our LJ it makes it easier to get into the rear seat.
Folds up and stashes away EZ.

[URL][URL]https://www.walmart.com/i...ray-Dots/186758699?fulfillmentIntent=In-store[/URL][/URL]

We keep one of those in the hall closet for my wife to reach the top shelves. They are about as handy as a pocket on a shirt around the house. I didn't think of it for this application, but yeah, it would work great.

It would also let me get a better view of the engine bay. It was a lot easier to see in there before I lifted it...🤣

I may just have to buy another one to throw under the rear seat!

I just got my 2005 TJ Rubicon home last night from a few hours away. The drive was nerve wracking as it has some steering wobble and occasionally gets pretty damn close to a death wobble, but I will figure that out soon. I am putting new tires on it next week as they don’t have a ton of tread left on them and figured I would just get new ones and have them balanced etc to see if that is the issue.

Anyway, the Rubicon is lifted 2.5 inches and has 33 inch tires on it. As you know, this makes it REALLY hard for little ones and shorter people to get into the jeep. I don’t want side steps on it as it won’t be good for wheeling, but i do want side steps on it that I can quickly remove, maybe even tool-less install and removal. Does anything like that exist in the world of jeeps? I did some research and couldn’t find anything. I already have rock sliders on it that have a bar at the up angle, so might need to identify those to see if they can be bought or built.

Thanks.

do you have any pictures ? does your jeep have some type of rock sliders ? if so I an share what I did