Eibach, Fox 2.0, Rancho RS7MT

drewtj05

Curious if anyone has any feedback on ride quality with any of these. I am leaning towards the Eibach Pro Truck Sport shocks as they are higher quality than the Ranchos but cost less than the Fox. Reviews somewhat say they are between Bilstein 5100s and Fox. I currently run 5100s and while I do like the control and predictability they provide trying to soften the ride a bit without giving up too much of the control.

Not considering Rancho RS5000X, I have had them and they did leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.

Curious if anyone has any feedback on ride quality with any of these. I am leaning towards the Eibach Pro Truck Sport shocks as they are higher quality than the Ranchos but cost less than the Fox. Reviews somewhat say they are between Bilstein 5100s and Fox. I currently run 5100s and while I do like the control and predictability they provide trying to soften the ride a bit without giving up too much of the control.

Not considering Rancho RS5000X, I have had them and they did leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.

I looked into the rs7mt and I didn't see one that would work on mine. Don't recall exactly why but it was either they didn't have a length suitable for my ride height or they just didn't make one with the right connection types for a TJ.

Patagonias are objectively garbage tires. Anyone who defends them is an ignorant moron.

I guess that depends on how much you're getting paid to use them. Matt said they're a good sand tire. Rocks, not so much.

1714209020469.png

Shock opinions are too subjective. Kinda like Patagonia tire opinions. :unsure:

Just trying to get a little bit of feedback comparison if any to the 5100s. I understand shock ride quality is subjective but it will at least give me more of a starting place.

I watched some of the shocksurplus comparisons and seems like they are saying Eibach may fall between the fox and 5100 as far as firmness. The RS7mt seems to be less firm due to their linear valving.

Just trying to get a little bit of feedback comparison if any to the 5100s. I understand shock ride quality is subjective but it will at least give me more of a starting place.

I watched some of the shocksurplus comparisons and seems like they are saying Eibach may fall between the fox and 5100 as far as firmness. The RS7mt seems to be less firm due to their linear valving.

I can't remember ever seeing an Eibach review in a Jeep forum. And only a few more have ever compared a 5100 to an untuned off the shelf Fox.

I can't remember ever seeing an Eibach review in a Jeep forum. And only a few more have ever compared a 5100 to an untuned off the shelf Fox.

I may end up just giving them a try. I know the consensus is that most will say just run the RS5000X and be done with it, but again they left a little to be desired. And looks like several have reported some issues with qc on them lately anyway.

Pricewise the rs7mt obviously more comparable in price to the eibachs but some would still also argue that the fox 2.0 is less jarring.

I have run different versions of Fox and wouldn't run anything else unless I was upgrading to King.

Have you run any Fox off the shelf and compatible with factory TJ mounting points?

I'm to the point where I'd like something with better quality and better ride than the Ranchos but not ready to do an outboard.

Have you run any Fox off the shelf and compatible with factory TJ mounting points?

I'm to the point where I'd like something with better quality and better ride than the Ranchos but not ready to do an outboard.

I made the switch to off the shelf Fox 2.0s a couple of months ago. I had been running Bilstein 4600s which are supposed to be a factory replacement. Those rode ok but didn't handle corrugations or potholes very well. Lifted the jeep 2" and installed the Foxes. With an Anti-rock there is definitely more body roll than before the lift and new shocks. Can't say how much of that is due to the lift vs the shocks. These new shocks definitely handle the bumps way better than the previous Bilsteins. Finally hit some corrugated dirt roads a couple of weeks ago and the difference in ride quality was night and day. If you're willing to spend the money I would say you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

Yes, I ran the off the shelf Fox 2.0 monotube that Savvy sells (or used to sell) that were supposedly tuned for the TJ. I ran those for 6+ years and had no complaints. They seemed to be in perfect shape when I sold them. Replaced with longer Fox reservoir shocks when I outboarded the rear and relocated the front.

Didn't have a ton of options to compare to though. My LJ started with Teraflex 9550(?) shocks that came with the long arm kit I used to have. Those were awful and would fade fast with any use. Had Bilstein 5100 on my previous Jeep (2012 JKU). Always hated those, eventually replaced those with Fox.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Does anyone know aside from the material the body is made of if the Adventure Series is different than the performance 2.0?

Pricing puts those more in line with the Eibachs and RS7MTs

Yes, I ran the off the shelf Fox 2.0 monotube that Savvy sells (or used to sell) that were supposedly tuned for the TJ. I ran those for 6+ years and had no complaints. They seemed to be in perfect shape when I sold them. Replaced with longer Fox reservoir shocks when I outboarded the rear and relocated the front.

Didn't have a ton of options to compare to though. My LJ started with Teraflex 9550(?) shocks that came with the long arm kit I used to have. Those were awful and would fade fast with any use. Had Bilstein 5100 on my previous Jeep (2012 JKU). Always hated those, eventually replaced those with Fox.

they're not up on the new website so not sure if they're going to be selling them again.

I've seen a few posts with people not really happy with off-the-shelf Foxs from other vendors (even when claimed to be tuned for a TJ) so I'd rather get Savvys if I can.

Meanwhile I'm about to put some black max in the rear of mine.

Reactions: suicideking
they're not up on the new website so not sure if they're going to be selling them again.

I've seen a few posts with people not really happy with off-the-shelf Foxs from other vendors (even when claimed to be tuned for a TJ) so I'd rather get Savvys if I can.

Meanwhile I'm about to put some black max in the rear of mine.

Yeah, hard to recommend anything by Savvy now that they seem to have dropped most of the TJ products with the ownership change.

I made the switch to off the shelf Fox 2.0s a couple of months ago. I had been running Bilstein 4600s which are supposed to be a factory replacement. Those rode ok but didn't handle corrugations or potholes very well. Lifted the jeep 2" and installed the Foxes. With an Anti-rock there is definitely more body roll than before the lift and new shocks. Can't say how much of that is due to the lift vs the shocks. These new shocks definitely handle the bumps way better than the previous Bilsteins. Finally hit some corrugated dirt roads a couple of weeks ago and the difference in ride quality was night and day. If you're willing to spend the money I would say you won't be disappointed.

I'm running 5100's on my LJ and need something different. It sucks the only great solution is to outboard - though I do want to probably go up to 35's later.