Empty coolant reservoir?

Assforkr

TJ Enthusiast
Temps are good. Block test shows good. Radiator cap replaced last Saturday. Coolant in radiator looks good and is right at base of filler neck.

Meanwhile, the overflow bottle sits damn near empty below the fill line.

Anyone got any thoughts? Should I check the reservoir filler hose to make sure fluid can pass through? Should I go to autozone and top off the overflow bottle?

Last edited:
With it cold the reservoir should be up to full line. I blew thru hose from radiator cap to test if clear.resevoir could have crack I suppose

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

With it cold the reservoir should be up to full line. I blew thru hose from radiator cap to test if clear.resevoir could have crack I suppose

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What coolant would you suggest to top off with?

Just realized that this is a southern Jeep that I brought up to New England. Maybe I should consider a full drain down and replacement with something that definitely contains antifreeze

What coolant would you suggest to top off with?

Just realized that this is a southern Jeep that I brought up to New England. Maybe I should consider a full drain down and replacement with something that definitely contains antifreeze

Regular 50/50 green antifreeze is what you want. If any of your factory hose clamps have been replaced with the typical screw-type hose clamps make sure they're tight. I've had coolant leak issues in the past from those working loose over a long period of time.

Id suggest a full flush with Zerex G05. That way you know what is in it and when it was replaced.