Engine vibration from MML

LJDC

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
A new MML (M.O.R.E. “Bombproof”) seems to have added some transfer of engine vibration.

Background: The (manual) LJ has had a 4” RJ/Savvy suspension lift for about a year, without driveline vibrations. The (M.O.R.E.) 1” MML and (Savvy) 1.25” body lift were just added. The worn out OEM body-mount bushings were also replaced with Crown bushings.

I seem to remember there was a great post somewhere on “clearancing” certain areas after the MML, to prevent a transfer of vibrations. But I’m starting to think I imagined it, because I cannot find it.

Has anyone else had this problem—and solved it?

A new MML (M.O.R.E. “Bombproof”) seems to have added some transfer of engine vibration.

Background: The (manual) LJ has had a 4” RJ/Savvy suspension lift for about a year, without driveline vibrations. The (M.O.R.E.) 1” MML and (Savvy) 1.25” body lift were just added. The worn out OEM body-mount bushings were also replaced with Crown bushings.

I seem to remember there was a great post somewhere on “clearancing” certain areas after the MML, to prevent a transfer of vibrations. But I’m starting to think I imagined it, because I cannot find it.

Has anyone else had this problem—and solved it?

Underneath the passenger side the 1” MM sometimes interferes with the MM bracket. If so use an angle grinder with cut off wheel to clearance it.

Underneath the passenger side the 1” MM sometimes interferes with the MM bracket. If so use an angle grinder with cut off wheel to clearance it.

If there’s space when parked (even just a little), should that be enough? Or is this the kind of thing that can reveal itself with shifts during driving? One mount has just enough space to slide a piece of paper into.

If there’s space when parked (even just a little), should that be enough? Or is this the kind of thing that can reveal itself with shifts during driving? One mount has just enough space to slide a piece of paper into.

I don’t know. 🙂

Reactions: Weasellee and LJDC
All I can think is it won’t hurt to give it some more clearance just to find out. I haven’t seen people complaining about vibes with the MORE.

Maybe I’ll use the dremel a bit.

Maybe I’ll use the dremel a bit.

Won’t hurt at all. I cut mine 6 years ago. If it is vibrating and touching it will make vibrate throughout.

Are your motor mounts and tranny mount bushings made of the same material - i.e. poly vs. rubber? Mixing the two can cause vibrations.

Everything should be rubber. M.O.R.E. motor mounts, OEM transmission mounts, Crown body mount bushings.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ