Erik’s 2005 white wrangler build

He's going for the stock transmission mount. This will be interesting. Looking good Erik.

If you need the directions for the SYE I still think I have them.
Does that drive shaft look like it’s going to work?
if it ends up short I still have that longer Adams shaft I’ll just swap it for the Oliver’s if you need to.

If you need the directions for the SYE I still think I have them.
Does that drive shaft look like it’s going to work?
if it ends up short I still have that longer Adams shaft I’ll just swap it for the Oliver’s if you need to.
I already got your old t case apart. It looks pretty straight forward. I won’t know for sure about the drive shaft till tomorrow. The paints got to dry before I can put it back together. I’m thinking it will still be the right one, I did go up about 1/4 a inch since I did the guess measurements.

One of the nuts on my t case was being a complete ass hole and didn’t want to come out. Had to use a trick this guy Andy taught me a while ago.
Put a stubby wrench on it. Hooked a chain to the open end and then used a piece of all thread I had laying around for some leverage. Worked like a charm

94EF5B8F-4F26-4731-867B-898313763CF3.jpeg

Got both transfer cases apart and got all the parts for the sye out of kris’s old t case and got them into mine. All reassembled and installed. Paints dry on the skid and trans mount. Time to get back to work!
Oh boxcar sent me this pic and I had to toss it in really quick

4A360FEA-EA18-4B31-A3AE-ACF009DEBDA6.jpeg

358624FF-4B07-4DB5-BF58-4EBAFB6BA63C.jpeg

8FDFEA88-1D64-4A77-A0B9-1BA4E43D1D68.jpeg

I may be sol @Kris M . I measured the driveshaft length and it’s 18 inches. Theres no way that other 19 inch shaft u have is gonna go in, but this is what the one u gave me looks like.

1FDEEFED-F49D-4967-915A-FD1308927B4B.jpeg

gonna have to check and see how much of the spline is still in the driveshaft. If it’s no good Ill probably still run it for now and order the proper shaft later

Reactions: JMT
Driving the Jeep home for the first time last night was awesome!
I did what I could before to eliminate the drive line vibrations without having a sye. But still when the Jeep got into 4th gear it always made this noise that was like “wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom”
Well with the sye and driveshaft in that is now gone!

27CD5A2D-0DB6-491B-B89E-3346C4DBB911.jpeg

That’s amazing, a truly flat belly. Now you can go flex your abs. 👍🏼

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
Driving the Jeep home for the first time last night was awesome!
I did what I could before to eliminate the drive line vibrations without having a sye. But still when the Jeep got into 4th gear it always made this noise that was like “wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom wooom”
Well with the sye and driveshaft in that is now gone!

View attachment 140780
Glad to hear the parts worked.
Did you put the rear track bar on?

Ended up replacing the tie rod on the pitman arm because it was getting a little sloppy. Had to redo the alignment anyway because after rolling the axles to adjust the pinion angles from the tuck the alignment was no longer correct. Got out to hidden falls today to test the mods. The new skid is a insane improvement.
This thing has so much more clearance going over ledges. I found my self dragging control arm mounts a lot more. I got a few new scratches on the skid plate. I was gonna show them off but I ended up burying the jeep in mud and had to get pulled out by @Bob in Texas . I’ll try and get the Mud washed off and get some pictures.
Unfortunately I think this was the last day I will be able to play at hidden falls. I’m moving back up to Rochester ny. It’s been fun wheeling with some of the guys I met here on the forum. I hope to meet some new people up north while I continue my off-roading adventures
Here’s some pics from yesterday and today!

B38E6994-6FAE-45A2-8D0E-4379D951C3A8.jpeg

C75117F2-7A56-4237-A1D3-F6564D4BC8B2.jpeg

60787055-1ED7-47C1-9A40-1527D38B7BBE.jpeg

4AB7F2A5-6D33-47F5-9D7E-0F2E5841201E.jpeg

Ended up replacing the tie rod on the pitman arm because it was getting a little sloppy. Had to redo the alignment anyway because after rolling the axles to adjust the pinion angles from the tuck the alignment was no longer correct. Got out to hidden falls today to test the mods. The new skid is a insane improvement.
This thing has so much more clearance going over ledges. I found my self dragging control arm mounts a lot more. I got a few new scratches on the skid plate. I was gonna show them off but I ended up burying the jeep in mud and had to get pulled out by @Bob in Texas . I’ll try and get the Mud washed off and get some pictures.
Unfortunately I think this was the last day I will be able to play at hidden falls. I’m moving back up to Rochester ny. It’s been fun wheeling with some of the guys I met here on the forum. I hope to meet some new people up north while I continue my off-roading adventures

View attachment 142037

View attachment 142038

View attachment 142039

View attachment 142040
Definitely looks like you guys had some fun.

View attachment 142037

View attachment 142038

View attachment 142039

View attachment 142040

You have a fetish for that mud hole!