EV thread

I think I'm going to see about selling my new hybrid I bought last year. It's warmed up and it still only gets 23-24 highway and it's total average is for the first 5600 miles 26. Not close to the sticker 33/30. At least tgat's up from the 20-21 mpg. The dealer says it's fine and won't look at it. The company won't respond. And the Hyundai forum must be owned by Hyundai because they deleted my posts asking about it. It's not faster and doesn't get better gas mileage than the regular version.

I'm just glad I didn't bother with the PHEV version.

I have to be careful what I replace it with because the government is on path to not allow gas cars on the road in the next 10-20 years. Not just phase them out, but ban them completely.

That's where the politics comes from in the discussion. The cult that makes gasoline options heresey. Politics would drop considerably if they would stop.

Given my issues with gasoline range in a hybrid, if you gave my an EV, I'd probably sell it.

My hybrid Sante Fe gets about the same gas mileage on trips as my father-in-law has averaged with his Ford F150. I've never once put the thing in performance mode. It would probably get in the teens for mpg.

We work from home so when we drive it's normally 200-400 miles at a time. This thing was listed to be 30 mpg and gets 7-9 mpg less. I consider that large of a drop in performance/efficiency fraudulent. But aparently par for the course for anything with a battery.

I would expect a minimum range reduction of 30% off any EV or Hybrid listings.

Just real world experience. My cousin loves his Bolt. But he works for the power company and charges it for free. It's never been further than 30 miles from his house. They take their real car on trips.

Reactions: chili_pepper
To be fair, if that parking spot is for EVs to recharge, and he wasnt recharging, he earned the ticket regardless of how dumb the flatfoot is

If that's the case, he should have said that instead of repeatedly saying that wasn't an EV.

Unless it was this Tesla

1710785450885.png

I think I'm going to see about selling my new hybrid I bought last year. It's warmed up and it still only gets 23-24 highway and it's total average is for the first 5600 miles 26. Not close to the sticker 33/30. At least tgat's up from the 20-21 mpg. The dealer says it's fine and won't look at it. The company won't respond. And the Hyundai forum must be owned by Hyundai because they deleted my posts asking about it. It's not faster and doesn't get better gas mileage than the regular version.
I also own a Hyundai Sante Fe AWD Hybrid Ive put 54,000 miles on in 2.5 years since New. The rated EPA mpg is only accurate for warm weather and summer blend fuel.

Its not warm enough in the Midwest and youre not on Summerblend yet to get the EPA ratings. Mine is about 20% lower in winter, minimum. Subfreezing, it got even worse. Summertime I was getting the 30mpg rating highway all the time even doing 85mph for 30+ mins

My acceleration off the line AWD is great with that little 1.6T electric assist awd, I will miss that part. However after seeing how fast I racked up miles, and the inevitable battery cost , Im dumpin it back into tbe market

I have to be careful what I replace it with because the government is on path to not allow gas cars on the road in the next 10-20 years. Not just phase them out, but ban them completely.

That's where the politics comes from in the discussion. The cult that makes gasoline options heresey. Politics would drop considerably if they would stop.
Dont believe the hype
Drive the gas cars you want now

Im selling my Hybrid now and I went back to a newer gasser Honda for my work DD. In the long run youre NOT gonna wanna buy NEW cars anyways for all the in vehicle spying theyre implementing.

Besides audible and GPS 24/7 tracking theyre now forcing eye and face cameras under the facade of “safety” as the trojan horse

Swap old powertrains out for new ones
Keep those old rust free vehicles going forever
The market is already responding to the EV crash

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba
In the long run youre NOT gonna wanna buy NEW cars anyways for all the in vehicle spying theyre implementing.

Besides audible and GPS 24/7 tracking theyre now forcing eye and face cameras under the facade of “safety” as the trojan horse

There's plenty of truth in this, and it's been happening for some time now in certain car models. And it's not necessarily the automakers you need to worry about, that data passes to and is stored by many third parties. If you think your phone was bad...well, just wait until you connect it to the car for convenience. They'll collect everything from your phone as well once you sync it.

Involved in an accident? While the external camera video might be to your benefit in an insurance or legal claim, the audio and video recorded internally will surely be brought to bear if there's any inkling you weren't being a model human behind the wheel and might be in any way responsible.

Remember girls, "convenience" ALWAYS has its price. Are you willing to pay it? Oftentimes, "convenience" is anything but. "Convenience" is the false God of our time.

Remember girls, "convenience" ALWAYS has its price. Are you willing to pay it? Oftentimes, "convenience" is anything but. "Convenience" is the false God of our time.

y'all are forgetting that Westinghouse saw the future back in the fiddys, that's why 70 years later we're all happily living in these

y'all are forgetting that Westinghouse saw the future back in the fiddys, that's why 70 years later we're all happily living in these

Very prescient. All that is now possible and most of its being used today. A kazillion sliding walls not so much. They did, of course, miss the home computer and the dystopian rise of the PHOOOOOONNE!!

'EV Road Use Taxes' on their way. We knew it was only a matter of time, the 'I save so much money not buying gas crowd' will be punished for their audacity :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, how could it be any other way. Did anyone actually believe that once we're all strong-armed into switching to electric everything & petroleum is banned for the masses (yea I think that's coming), that the gubment wouldn't jack up other fees/costs/taxes on EVs & electric itself? Once we're captive to one power source we're screwed, the real 'green' agenda.

outbreak.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition