EV thread

Electrikhana is coming Oct 25th

Over 4400 lbft of torque 4 wheel burnouts. Over 100 tires roasted. Carbon fiber differentials.

The car

Reactions: BugoutJeep
1666805071209.png

I sort of get the crate engine thing as a way to bolt in something quickly. I'd rather it be a dual motor axle swap concept. That would cut out the transfer case and drive train, while freeing up the front for battery storage.

Pull out engine, transmission, transfercase, swap the axles, toss in batteries in front using the existing motor mounts. And free up the underside between the framerails for more if needed.

They need to go the Ford F150 route and make as much as possible out of aluminum, to drop weight. If its a resotoration kit offer all aluminum or fiberglass bodies too.

Optimize it for crawling speeds and range instead of acceleration and performance. Because it's a freaking Jeep already.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
OK so my concerns as am owner of a Plumbing Company I have about 16 trucks that guys take home. So being in CA I am already screwed, but when things do go all EV I knon my guys will be asking ME to install a charging station at their homes. So how much will it cost to install 16 units, and what do I do for the guys that live in an apartment ? or rent a home ? I guess I will need to get approval from the property owner to install one. So I can see whats next, one of my employees gives notice and now " he, him, her, she, them, they " ownes one of my charging stations or there Landloard does.

Wait for it Next will be hey Boss you need to pay for electric bill, and how do I know how much was used for the company truck vs his EV, hot tub, or AC ??

Let me know your thoughts

OK so my concerns as am owner of a Plumbing Company I have about 16 trucks that guys take home. So being in CA I am already screwed, but when things do go all EV I knon my guys will be asking ME to install a charging station at their homes. So how much will it cost to install 16 units, and what do I do for the guys that live in an apartment ? or rent a home ? I guess I will need to get approval from the property owner to install one. So I can see whats next, one of my employees gives notice and now " he, him, her, she, them, they " ownes one of my charging stations or there Landloard does.

Wait for it Next will be hey Boss you need to pay for electric bill, and how do I know how much was used for the company truck vs his EV, hot tub, or AC ??

I’m sure your guys won’t mind you paying them to stop and charge at a supercharger.

Change the policy.

Reactions: Austin O. and Ocho