EV thread

'EV Road Use Taxes' on their way. We knew it was only a matter of time, the 'I save so much money not buying gas crowd' will be punished for their audacity :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But seriously, how could it be any other way. Did anyone actually believe that once we're all strong-armed into switching to electric everything & petroleum is banned for the masses (yea I think that's coming), that the gubment wouldn't jack up other fees/costs/taxes on EVs & electric itself? Once we're captive to one power source we're screwed, the real 'green' agenda.

View attachment 515696

I said early on in this thread it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Its already in CA. if i remember right it costs 700$ a year for a tesla

In Colorado the equivalent in state gas tax @ .22 / gal. would be like a Tesla using 61.18 gals. A WEEK !
I guess we could all start driving F - 250 Highboys with a 428 and 44"

157577.520.jpg
mudders as a economical alternative !

• Love
Reactions: Rickyd
In Colorado the equivalent in state gas tax @ .22 / gal. would be like a Tesla using 61.18 gals. A WEEK !
I guess we could all start driving F - 250 Highboys with a 428 and 44"

View attachment 515777 mudders as a economical alternative !

I think half of that is registration based on value like any other car. So only about 350$ for ev tax. Fuel is 5-7$ a gallon here so it doesn't take long to cover the gap.

I've been looking at wrecked teslas recently and thinking it would be fun to build an ev out of something. Or even just make a battery backup for when the power goes down in a storm.

The worst part of all the EV stuff is the people and politics behind it. I don't want to make a self-righteous statement,just play with something new.

Over the years, we have grown rapidly with multiple factories scaling around the globe. With this rapid growth there has been duplication of roles and job functions in certain areas. As we prepare the company for our next phase of growth, it is extremely important to look at every aspect of the company for cost reductions and increasing productivity.
As part of this effort, we have done a thorough review of the organization and made the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by more than 10% globally. There is nothing I hate more, but it must be done. This will enable us to be lean, innovative and hungry for the next growth phase cycle.
I would like to thank everyone who is departing Tesla for their hard work over the years. I'm deeply grateful for your many contributions to our mission and we wish you well in your future opportunities. It is very difficult to say goodbye.
For those remaining, I would like to thank you in advance for the difficult job that remains ahead. We are developing some of the most revolutionary technologies in auto, energy and artificial intelligence. As we prepare the company for the next phase of growth, your resolve will make a huge difference in getting us there.
Thanks,
Elon

https://electrek.co/2024/04/15/tesla-lays-off-more-than-10-of-its-global-workforce/

temp_jpeg-3188506.jpg

You must've posted before the context was added 🤣

"This is footage from the aftermath of a truck carrying 119 gas cylinders in 2013. The Isuzu truck at the center of the explosion is not an electric vehicle."

When I responded to his post that wasn't up either. I assumed there must be more to the story.

Maybe that truck was hit by a Tesla.

• Haha
Reactions: srimes