Exhaust hitting rear shock after lift

The Mando

I need ideas on what to do. Preferably not spending more money other than maybe 10 bucks. I just lifted the Jeep about 4 or 5 inches. As you can see the exhaust and shock are making contact, especially after the shock relocation bracket. I don't want to kink the exhaust much right after the cat. I've tried to pull it away and I thiiiiiink it's creating a gap at the flange and will cause a leak
20211005_174631.jpg

Ideas?

Ya thats what I was going to do but my wife's pissed at the amount of money I've dropped lately into it so I'm looking for a solution I can do with tools lol

No tool of going to fix that aside from a welder. Sorry. I mean aside from a gentle massage with a BFH but sounds like you tried that already.

Lol Ya I was hoping maybe a new hanger or some washers might move it over. Maybe even a thicker gasket thst will push the exhaust towards the year by an 8th of an inch

Ya I was looking for an exhaust spacer but I don't see any made.fo3 the TJ. Even a 2 inch spacer would push it straight back and clear more than enough. I'm half tempted to make one butnIll just call around tommorow for an exhaust shop

Yea mine did that. Loosen the muffler bolts, stick a 2X4 between the shock and the pipe. Tighten the bolts back down. DONE.

Ya I thought about it. I think if I spend a 100 to get it cut or bent from an exhaust place I might as well put the 100 towards the 250 for a high tuck exhaust

Go to the muffler shop who will be able to get it routed correctly without problem. Avoid higher cost online exhaust systems that have little to no chance of fitting correctly.

Reactions: The Mando
Go to the muffler shop who will be able to get it routed correctly without problem. Avoid higher cost online exhaust systems that have little to no chance of fitting correctly.
I'm on the fence. I kinda do what to go the custom route. I don't like the route it takes anyway by the shock and gas tank.

I'm on the fence. I kinda do what to go the custom route. I don't like the route it takes anyway by the shock and gas tank.
Don’t forget that you can also get close to the rear trackbar and start rubbing on it. I’ve had exhausts rub on both the shock and the TB. I finally got tired of it and cut it off right after it dumped out of the muffler. Then it roasted my parking brake. Got a heat shield for the parking brake and good to go now. 🙄