Exhaust leak question

old jeep new to me

TJ Enthusiast
I have a 97 with the 2.5 liter and have had an exhaust leak for quite a while. When I bought it there was some gray pasty looking crap slathered on around where the manifold attaches to the exhaust pipe and it slowly disappeared so I figured that is where the leak is. I bought a new donut, at least that's what I always called them. I unbolted the flange and instead of just a piece of pipe to slide the donut on, there is a flanged piece of steel. I am unsure what I am supposed to do because obviously I can't add a donut to this. Am I going to have to do what was done before and use some exhaust repair paste?

IMG_20200705_115546.jpg

IMG_20200705_115552.jpg

IMG_20200705_115602.jpg

IMG_20200705_115621.jpg

I have been using a heavy slathering of anti-seize on the connection for quite some time and it works well. I would get a good look at the exhaust manifold while in there as they are known to crack.

I have been using a heavy slathering of anti-seize on the connection for quite some time and it works well. I would get a good look at the exhaust manifold while in there as they are known to crack.
Just regular antiseize? It doesn't just blow it right out?